What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer freezing

Cypher^64

I presume Windows 10? Latest 20H2 or 2004? I don't see why you'd need to reinstall from a CPU swap though.

I think anything older than 1909 does have some issues with AMD too, thus why I ask.

It was up to date. Just to rule that out. I'm going to install the 5800 again and a quick Win10 reinstall to rule that out.

JD

Staff member
Latest BIOS too? Looks like the ASUS B550 TUF has a Beta released 4 days ago. I'd try the beta if you still have stability issues since these CPUs are brand new and motherboards don't quite fully support them yet I would say.

Make sure you have the latest AMD chipset drivers too: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550 as Ryzen 5000 support was added last month to them. The ASUS site is quite out of date.

gingerbee

there was talk about windows 10 2004 update having some problems with nvme drivers something about driver problems cause similar problems you have had. But I see some had mentioned this

Can't remember if your running a nvme drive. Just to point out I have had these type of problems with both AMD and Intel oh and always get the chipset drivers from AMD, the board sites always seem to be way back compared to AMD them selfs. good luck

Cypher^64

there was talk about windows 10 2004 update having some problems with nvme drivers something about driver problems cause similar problems you have had. But I see some had mentioned this

Can't remember if your running a nvme drive. Just to point out I have had these type of problems with both AMD and Intel oh and always get the chipset drivers from AMD, the board sites always seem to be way back compared to AMD them selfs. good luck

Yes, a m.2 samsung 970 nvme . I believe I had the latest chipset drivers. Will make sure this time

Bond007

Fingers crossed you get this sorted. I still stand by it being likely driver/software issue...if so, I really hope the windows re-install sorts it out.

If the issue returns, please let us know what software/drivers/etc you manually install.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Again, this thread is very difficult to ensure that troubleshooting has been done effectively.

RAM has still not been ruled out. You tried one channel and it worked ok. What happened after that?

Why was it stable for weeks at a time and suddenly isnt? The computer shouldnt have 'reinstalled' USB drivers off a cpu change.

There is A LOT going on in this thread, and from our feedback to yours back to us, it is not being done congruently.

Cypher^64

Again, this thread is very difficult to ensure that troubleshooting has been done effectively.

RAM has still not been ruled out. You tried one channel and it worked ok. What happened after that?

Why was it stable for weeks at a time and suddenly isnt? The computer shouldnt have 'reinstalled' USB drivers off a cpu change.

There is A LOT going on in this thread, and from our feedback to yours back to us, it is not being done congruently.

It was stable for weeks with the 3600. After moved the ram to slot 2 and 4 and realize that f4 was closing the game, it's been great.

Not sure why when replaced the 3600 with the 5800 that it redetected most system devices like USB, I did notice the same after putting the 3600 back in after the 5800 without reinstalling Windows.

So far though, after installing the 5800x again and reinstalling windows it "seems" to be pretty stable. I can play a game, exit it, and launch another without issue.

Only concern at the moment is the 5800 is running hotter than I'd like.

anabioz

I will get some better pictures

TL;DR - Flip the radiator 180.
--
Pardon me opining here, but regarding the orientation of the AIO installation, please take a look at GamersNexus episode:

Talks about the proper installation orientation for the AIO.

Cypher^64

Good to know, I have some new fans coming in a couple days. I'll give that a try.

So far... so good. A game of tanks, exited, a game of planes, exited and a game of tanks. No crashes.

Latest posts