What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer has trouble sleeping

acameron56

Hey, first off I donno if this is the ideal location to post my problem. Anyways getting right to it, I've had this problem for awhile, but I usually just leave my computer on so it hasn't really affected me much. However I will be moving to residence next year so I will need to sleep the computer quite frequently.

So here's the problem, when I sleep my computer...it won't wake up. The fans will spin for a bit like its trying to post and then it will shut itself off and repeat. The only way to stop this cycle is to turn the power off for 5 secs or so and then turn it back on. It will then spin the fans for a much shorter time before powering itself down and then when it tries again it will boot up fine. The same thing happens when the power goes out due to a storm. Also, when I stick in 2 extra Gb of ram, it'll be fine initially, but whenever it looses power for any reason the same thing will happen. In this case however, I have to yank 2 of the sticks out and let it post, then restart it and put them back in. Seeing how this will become quite inconvenient if I have to do it daily, does anyone know of any permanent solution to this? I know it's a pretty vague explanation, so feel free to ask questions. Thanks!

acameron56

Yep,

Mobo: gigabyte UD3P P45
GPU: XFX 9800 GX2
CPU: Q6600
RAM: 2x1 transcend axeram 1200, 2x1 buffalo firestix
PSU: Corsair HX 520
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 320, 250 WD Caviar 500

lots of fans and lights

I should point out that this same issue has happened with both my Dfi DK P35/P45

Latest posts

Twitter