What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer keeps shutting down on me before I can install windows

kirik

I updated the bios with a usb and went smoothly.

Then i booted UltimateBootCD and ran a CPU torture stress test - after not 10 seconds, the system shut down.Way To Fold

Have you tried Bond007's suggestion of checking temps and stuff in the bios without trying to install anything?

Chris

What is the temperature of the cpu when before it shuts down? Use core temp and watch it while it is stress testing. It is likely that you need to reseat the cpu with new compound.

CTA

well never hurt to reset cmos (it did help me to solve odd issues i had)... if still same problem then it could be cpu like others said...

but i am curious... how years old is your psu? 24/7? (i read that your psu is above average on reliability and it also has failsafe feature...)

AFG34

After the stress test I just lost patience and started building the new combo which I am typing this from.

I should have dug deeper into the issue...but I'm just hard headed sometimes.

G3258, MSI Z97 PCMATE, Corsair 2x4GB 1600mhz, eVGA 750W. Will be keeping my eyes peeled on BST for a video card.

Bond007

After the stress test I just lost patience and started building the new combo which I am typing this from.

I should have dug deeper into the issue...but I'm just hard headed sometimes.

G3258, MSI Z97 PCMATE, Corsair 2x4GB 1600mhz, eVGA 750W. Will be keeping my eyes peeled on BST for a video card.

Not sure exactly what ram you have, but I have 2x4gb vengeance and it runs 1866mhz @ 1.5v and pretty much stock timings (1 had to loosen one notch, but another tightened if I remember correctly ).

AFG34

Not sure exactly what ram you have, but I have 2x4gb vengeance and it runs 1866mhz @ 1.5v and pretty much stock timings (1 had to loosen one notch, but another tightened if I remember correctly ).

They are at least 3-4 years old from what I remember talking to the gentleman i bought them from. They are black and sorta like a hair comb. On the title of the ad it said vengeance 1600mhz...

MARSTG

Will be keeping my eyes peeled on BST for a video card.

You don't really have to do that, just say you look for one and state your budget, and it will rain with offers. There is a forum member in your area that sells stuff quite often.

Caldezar

Well sorry to hear you didn't find the culprit. My next suggestion would be to test with only 2 sticks of RAM. Some few boards get finicky with all 4 slots populated and need a slight voltage bump. Also, definitely look in to testing the CPU and monitoring temp as is suggested here.

Latest posts