What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer keeps turning on and off on it's own

Matthecat

Tried everything, now I'm just going to RMA it and buy a new z77, probably from ASUS.

Nodscene

I had the exact same issue with an older Gigabyte board, I believe it was an EP35-DS4 or something and this kind of thing has been happening with their boards through multiple generations now. The last I checked they refused to acknowlege the issue as well. I've refused to buy another one of their boards since then and definitely won't recommend them either.

Matthecat

I'm going to do some last ditch test to try and reset the CMOS by removing the battery over night. One thing that troubles me though is that after going through all the steps to reset the CMOS it still boot loops. Could this be an indication that it's not the motherboard?

Nodscene

No, at least in my opinion. Especially if you've ruled out ram and the power supply. Do a google search on Gigabyte boot loop before wasting anymore time. Most of the threads saying solved (at least the ones I read) all involved new motherboards by different manufacturers.

Matthecat

Yeah I've read a lot of them. I want to buy an ASUS motherboard but I'm not sure whether gigabyte will refund me or not. If I RMA it I'm afraid I'll get another junk board and get stuck into this boot loop problem again.

Nodscene

Get the RMA and then sell the board :) Put that money towards a new one. Sure you may loose a bit of money but it's not the worst option either.

great_big_abyss

Didn't Gigabyte have a marketing campaign recently where they boasted that they had the least amount of failures per board than any other manufacturer? And yet here we have yet another example of a consumer ditching Gigabyte to buy another manufacturer's board specifically because of a bad part. Fail!

Matthecat

Great, was reading more horror stories about this board. Some people who RMA'd it were told by gigabyte that nothing was wrong and just given their board back. It seems they don't want to acknowledge this problem...looks like I'm going to be out 200$ lol.
Thinking of either this: Newegg.ca - ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
or this: Newegg.ca - ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

enaberif

unplug everything from your motherboard and leave the bare essentials to boot meaning ram, cpu and gpu and see what happens. she metimes a device can cause symptoms like you are having. also make sure everything all usb and ps2 devices a email unplugged.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter