What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer refuses to stay awake

bissa

I've been fighting with my computer. It keeps setting sleep to be 1 hour after I've disabled sleep everywhere I can find it. I've checked the EUFI, I've checked the settings, I've looked for any programs that could be doing it. Nothing seems to show what is doing this, but then every week or so it will be back to sleeping after 1 hour.

This is really starting to bug me, as I have an IRC log running that dies when it goes to sleep, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

bissa

yeah, I've got it running on a custom power plan based on high performance. it does turn off the screens since it's in my bedroom. but I mean it's going to sleep. it spins down all fans but one of my CPU fans and when I bring it back, it is asking to reconnect to everything and I need to log in again as it has automatically locked. I do not have screensavers turned on, and even if I did, I do not have the lock computer on screen saver turned on, so that's not the case.

IRQ Conflict

Hmm, try resetting your power saving to it's default. restart then just enable High performance without trying to customize it? Sounds like something is a little messed.

bissa

I've done that a few times. that's why I ended up with the custom power mode.

Oroboros

I think there's a setting for the harddrives to not go into sleep mode.try posting a screenshot of your advanced power settings.

bissa

it seems like when I was putting never in the standard setting, then checking the advanced settings. it would enter never in that window, however since never is not a valid option, it will default back to 60 minutes. and on next restart it will happen again.

Hopefully, this hasfixed it. I'll see in the next couple days.

Latest posts

Twitter