What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer restarts 3 times after first boot

bliz

Hey , i have a problem and i'm not sure what it is, this morning ,when i started my computer, it started, got the bios screen then it just shut down and restarted again, automatically,and this 3 times, before it booted normally.

Running on a new samsung 840EVO, 1 month old and never had problems with it. Gigabyte cold start bugs?
Crystal disk info says the SSD is ok... also Samsung magician wants me to do a firmware update, could be that?

Thanks

Last edited:

KaptCrunch

sounds if a MS OS update was performed

check your Installed Updates

Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update\Installed Updates

Last edited:

bliz

Could be... Last one was yesterday ( but not an OS update) but i never had these kinds of restarts just after the bios screen, anyway i guess i'll see if it happens again...

Thanks for your answer!

sswilson

Staff member
Is this system oc'd? Sounds to me like the bios is trying to find working men settings. If it's oc'd, then try at stock settings, if not, then maybe your motherboard battery might need replacing.

bliz

My CPU is not overclockable ,i only have a light OC on the GPU. I will check the battery, thanks.

ZZLEE

How is your back up off your computer. ??
back up your whole computer if you can in case the firmware update does not work out fore the best.
USB 3 and a few tarabites ??

bliz

Well i didn't know that the firmware update was a risky thing ^^ It worked perfectly and now my computer boots fine, if it happens again i will change the battery.

ZZLEE

Glad to hear things are good. :)
A back up gives you more peace of mind in case things happen. Prepare fore bad things when they don't happen Be Happy.

sswilson

Staff member
Well i didn't know that the firmware update was a risky thing ^^ It worked perfectly and now my computer boots fine, if it happens again i will change the battery.
Heh.... firmware updates will make bricks out of things just as easily as a bios update.... rule of thumb is to never update bios / firmware on a possibly unstable system except as a last resort.

Twitter