What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer won't boot

andynerd

Here is the information gathered about the problem:

1. There is power going to the switch pins
2. The switch is not the problem tested by using a spare jumper
3. The motherboard stand by led is on showing power is going to it

odis172

Try shorting the 2 power switch pins, with a conductive screwdriver or something. Better yet, hook up the reset switch to the power pins. If you have a voltmeter, set it to check resistance, and check the switch. It should have infinite resistance, then near 0 resistance when you press the switch.

edit - just saw you have a retailplus power supply.. check that thing - unplug it from everything in the system, then short the green and black wires, should turn on the psu - youll hear the psu fan.

Caldezar

Do you have a friend or family member that runs on the same, or very similar, platform? Worst case scenario is that you have to swap components out with a known working PC one at a time. I'd start with the case if you're concerned about the power switch. Also, you're not plugged in to a power bar or UPS are you? 'Cause it wouldn't be the first time I've seen one of those die.

andynerd

Already shorted the green and black wires to start the psu worked perfectly powered the fans/hdd/cdd/and motherboard but won't start it because the boot doesn't work that way I guess. I also tried that with a spare jumper and a screwdriver. Secondly there was no flooding while i was gone. Also no one I know has the same set up but I am thinking of asking my friends dad (the one who put it together) if he can shed some light.

oblisk

I have this problem from time to time. But since I can turn it on after waiting for a few seconds, I reckon we have different problems.

andynerd

I am starting to suspect it may be a problem with the house. Maybe the psu can't give a good power signal because the power is to "dirty". I just think this because I read if your computer won't turn on because of a short in the power to unplug it and leave it for 15 seconds to let the thing reset.

andynerd

I don't have a ups no so I should borrow one. I do have a spare psu that needs a little fix but should work fine that I will swap out with the old one.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter