What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Computer won't power on at all

sswilson

Staff member
I'll have to figure out what kind of CMOS battery works because it's an ITX board using a wrapped battery with a connector on the end of a pair of wires.
If you can't find the specific replacement battery, I know (from personal experience) that battery house has the ability to spot "weld" cables onto coin batteries. (Or you can go getto and try using metal ducting tape..... :) ).

KaptCrunch

I might of bumped the tower while it's powered off as I was working under the desk to get to the power bar. I just removed all the RAM and M.2 SSD, reset the CMOS via jumper but it still won't power on when shorting the power switch header. Does anyone in GVRD area have a spare 100/200 series board I can borrow?
If you missed correct norm CMOS connection will have no boot issue, double check jumper connection

moocow

Lee's Electronics (local shop) appear to carry what I need so I'll swing by this week to check it out. As for the jumper connection for CMOS, it's the 2 pin type where you just short it to clear the CMOS instead of the 3 pin type where you need to move an actual jumper.

ZZLEE

What board are we talking about ? Maybe if the bios chip is not sodderd in then Ebay a replacement.

moocow

Gigabyte H170N-Wifi. Could the BIOS get corrupted all the sudden? I didn't touch it at all when my friend gave me the rig.

moocow

OK I plugged in a new battery and got nothing. At this point, I'll need to find a cheap board to test so I'll wait to get a job first before testing. At least I still have a Sandy Bridge to fall back on. Also, I'm a bit confused on what to do with a 90 degree USB 3.0 header in my situation.

ZZLEE

If the it lived it would be a useful gadget. sorry looks not good :(

LionRed

My experience - testing everything out and still nothing - no power up on trying to power up - has usually been bad power supply or bad motherboard (very rare if it is the cpu). If you had the system set to reboot on power event..perhaps some kinda surge happened.

Could try clearing the cmos. Resetting the ram, resetting the CPU. Take out the ram and see if beeps. Turn on with nothing but cpu, ram ..nothing else connected.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
did you check to see if the front panel switch connector is still well seated, after that 'bump'?
and while at it, try to power up using a flat screwdriver, and jump the front panel connection on the mb.

dont ask me how i know.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter