What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

connect to the internet... how?

CTA

i am not sure why my new xp x64 sp2 on new computer... see my signature... it can't automatically connect to the internet like usual computers that i built...

can you please tell me how to enable hardware or whatever to connect to the internet...

ps. i did check hardware, network setup and etc... no good.... :\

enaberif

dude seriously learn how to edit your posts or create one large post for all your questions.

Is your network adapter PROPERLY installed with drivers and everything?

XP x64 is no different than XP x32 except it has the ability to use more memory.

CTA

they are different topics (internet vs hdd detection) :|

ok sorry to create this thread... i solved the problem...

i had to update and configure [marvell] in bios then i changed ethernet port... because i have two ports... now its working...

Last edited:

enaberif

they are different topics (internet vs hdd detection) :|

ok sorry to create this thread... i solved the problem...

i had to update and configure [marvell] in bios then i change ethernet port... because i have two ports... now its working...

FYI:

can you remove that "Sorry about my bad english" from your signature it confuses me EVERYTIME.

encorp

XP Won't always connect to the internet easily, you need to make sure it's FULLY updated, every single update MS has you have to install and then download the newest drivers for your NIC from the manufacturers website on a different computer. If you can't connect to the net at you'll have to get the updates onto a DVD or a couple CD's via another comp.

Tazer-[X]

XP Won't always connect to the internet easily, you need to make sure it's FULLY updated, every single update MS has you have to install and then download the newest drivers for your NIC from the manufacturers website on a different computer. If you can't connect to the net at you'll have to get the updates onto a DVD or a couple CD's via another comp.

NOT true, what your saying is that an unpatched install of windows will NOT connect? It is the easiest thing to connect :bleh:

enaberif

Every XP machine I've ever ran I plugged cable in and went.

DK2

Ya, but, don't you install the network drivers from the MB disk first?

Latest posts