What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Constant Ping spikes

Phobia

I am soo frustrated. When i play cod4, or css approximately 1-2 times per round, i'll get about 5-10 seconds where my ping will spike so bad, i lag around, and my game is unplayable. At the end of my cs, all my weapons load again, like, on the side of the screen, as if i just bought them. Any ideas? I have my router passworded.

blogz101

I am soo frustrated. When i play cod4, or css approximately 1-2 times per round, i'll get about 5-10 seconds where my ping will spike so bad, i lag around, and my game is unplayable. At the end of my cs, all my weapons load again, like, on the side of the screen, as if i just bought them. Any ideas? I have my router passworded.
uhm have you tried portforwarding the game ? Some games needs to be portforwarded

Cheator

Website
seriesoftubes.ca
Who is your provider? Ping spikes are normal for some connections. Internet over DOCSIS for example is prone to massive spikes, depending on a few things. DSL aswell, though they usually last a fraction of a second. If you have DSL and are on interleave, that might be the cause.

also, if you have DSL, can you take a screenie of your DSL modem's webpage showing your stats?

Mibs

Are they any other applications running on your pc during gaming that would use lots of bandwidth?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I had that problem too. Someone on the Infinity Ward forums figured out that thier router was getting flooded with udp packets and it was dropping some. I flashed my linksys wrt54g with 'DD-WRT' an open source firmware for the router and have not had a hitch since.

Phobia

I have shaw high speed internet. I've been running no other applications in the background either :( We're moving in a week, and i think i'll buy a new router then.. want a wireless N anyways.. hopefully that fixes it.. thanks for your help guys.. I've figured it was something to do with it all along

Infiniti

What router do you have? Because I also have that problem, but I blame the ISP, and we both have the same ISP, and same service.

tehgooch

Are you connecting to your router via wireless? I've always had problems with gaming and wireless internet access.

Twitter