What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Constant restarts

cmac79

So i am getting constant restarts. I turn my pc on and its fine for about 30 mins then it will restart, stays on for maybe a min or 2 then restarts again , rinse and repeat. Was told it was the mobo so this being a fairly new build i rma'd it , but nope same issue. So then was told well it gotta be cpu. So i rma'd , nope same issue. Tested the ram and all was good. Had another psu here so replaced that. No go. Tested the gpu in another pc and it was all good. Changed the hard drives...tried sata , m.2 and ssd and still no change. The only thing that hasn't been changed is the cooler but it seems to be running fine and temps are always good before shutdowns. I'm totally lost. I have been fighting this since Dec. Help lol

Dwayne

Did you build it outside of a case to eliminate that possibility?

Just build it on the MB box, 1 stick of RAM, No drive just boot into BIOS and let it run to make sure the hardware stays up. If that works, then put it in the case and do the same thing. If that works, add a drive to boot from. Your choice. Sounds tedious, but you have something going on and tedious is the only way to approach it I think.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
sounds like my Asus WS Sage boards lol absolute abysmal experience with these. gremlins are worst bugs to eliminate.

could also try a live linux boot on usb drive ubuntu is my goto for these when building on test bench.

cmac79

ok thanks for the suggestions, i will give em a try. I'm dyin for my pc. I can't take this xbox much longer lol

gingerbee

sorry missed the PSU swap out lol ya with every ting you have tried I would check anything that's plugged into it like IE Usb's

cmac79

well i unplugged all my case usb's and everything has been running top for 3 hrs now...All the trouble and testing i did and it turned out to be something so simple as a usb lol fml...Thanks all

Latest posts