What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Continuous "Serious System ERror" BSOD, Reboots

jazaddict

xp home sp2, gigabyte ep45, q9300, 4mb RAM

As I was typing here a second ago I got a flash of BSOD and the PC restarted.

Ran MemTest (3 instances), they were finished when I returned, not sure where the log file is.
Can't read teh .dmp file that MS "Send Error Report" created (its not where they said it was either :rolleyes: )

Only have ONE piece of hardware loaded and on : Presonus VFire music interface to Roland products. Only works when I disable the onboard sound (not how I want it)

Loaded new Azalia drivers, chipset drivers, updated BIOS all from gigabtye.

No idea where to start finding the culprit...any ideas?

bushwhacker

Need error message

This was posted yesterday in another Troubleshooting thread and will likely be of help to resolving the issue.

Boot into safe mode (F8 on startup) Go into system properties-advanced-startup and recovery, and disable 'reboot on system error'

This will halt your system and give you a chance to get an error message to help troubleshoot. Let us know what error you are receiving.

jazaddict

Thx, I will do that t'nite.....I HATE bein at work when my "stuff" is at home broken :mad:

jazaddict

"M", "G"...whats a few letters among friends? ;) I'll wait til you guyz have solved my prollems to call ya smarta$$es :D

jazaddict

Error ID 1003, category 102 . Here's what the Windows Help & Support (which is niether helpful nor suportive :p ) shows on it.
bsod.jpg

Latest posts