What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cooked Router? just fried?

clone63

Linksys WRT56G.
I guess the power flickered at my girlfriends house and then the internet wouldn't work. Router does nothing, just sits there with all 4 ethernet lights and internet light on, regardless of any combination of connection. Tried all the obvious stuff, reset, etc..
Connecting through the cable modem directly works, so its not the ISP or the modem. The router produces no signal of any kind that I can tell. Seems dead to me, though my knowledge of networking anything is in the toilet. Can't do a lot of research since I'll just say the connection I am now on is bad.....:whistle:

ZZLEE

Teksavvy /click on high speed/ Tomato/ 2 modems (say no more )

Perineum

It probably got bricked... try holding the reset button located on the back of the router for 30 seconds or longer while on....

M1K3Z0R

Just my 2 cents - Dlink DIR-655 has been VERY solid for me and everyone who I've recommended it to. If you are not into Wireless N, the WRT54GL is a good solid classic when combined with Tomato or DD-WRT. I'm sure there are many decent routers but I've been seeing alot of craptastic ones lately, mainly from linksys (stock firmware anyway)

neoshock

Just my 2 cents - Dlink DIR-655 has been VERY solid for me and everyone who I've recommended it to. If you are not into Wireless N, the WRT54GL is a good solid classic when combined with Tomato or DD-WRT. I'm sure there are many decent routers but I've been seeing alot of craptastic ones lately, mainly from linksys (stock firmware anyway)

You don't have that Dlink DIR-655 using MLPPP do you? I'm moving into a new house and getting teksavvy set up, and would love to keep my Dlink - but want to use MLPPP. Will I have to end up getting the WRT54GL and updating the firmware?

Thanks!

Latest posts