What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cool and Quiet Hell

G

Okay this has me stumped, I recently upgraded to Vista and wanted to see the performance differences versus XP so I grabbed my favorite apps, CPU-Z, SuperPI, Orthos, first one I ran, CPU-Z, my core is 1250mhz 250x5 WTF I said something isn't right.
So reboot into the BIOS I go well cool and Quiet is active WTF I say, thats shouldn't be on so I disable it, f10, reboot to Vista. I start CPU-Z again and WTF it`s still at 1250, so I throw a load on it sure enough back to 2500. But the thing is in my bios CaQ is disabled and in XP the clocks are solid (2500 mhz )
I dont think it`s a cpu-z bug as it shows true to the load being applied to the core.
Going to do a bios update to the 41_61e again and see if that works but I have had a hell of alot of problems with that version and went back to the 41_41e, very frustrating story short here , with the 41_41e I am able to run my memory in dual channel but not 1T, with the 41_61e I can run 1t but not dual channel. Trust me, I tested the crap out of it when I got the RAM.
So I really dont want to run the 41_61e bios if I can get away with it.

Anything I might be overlooking:help:

JD

Staff member
Vista Power Settings? Make sure its on High Performance.

You'll find in in Control Panel.

sswilson

Staff member
Is there a "properties" setting for the CPU in device manager (whatever that's called in Vista)?

If so, check to see if there's a selection there for any form of power saving as well?

G

Yup set to high performance

Edit:

Is there a "properties" setting for the CPU in device manager (whatever that's called in Vista)?

If so, check to see if there's a selection there for any form of power saving as well?
Nope no love thier either.

Last edited by a moderator:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I've never had any issues with oc'ed rigs using Vista and CPU-Z.

Did you double-check the advanced power settings? Follow this path:

Control panel / System maintenance / Power options / [select High Performance] click Change Plan settings / click Change Advanced Power Settings / Scroll Down to Processor Power Management / make sure that Minimum and Maximum Processor States are at 100%.

That's all I can think of.

John

Latest posts