What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cooler Master Cosmos II Review Comment Thread

NyteOwl

50# of case before you fill it with PSU, HDD's, cooling gear etc? Does it come with it's own forklift?

Nice case, but I have enough trouble moving my P182 around fully loaded.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Yikes, not what I expected. Didn't bother watching the whole vid even...

Too expensive and too heavy. CM is loosing sight of what they used to be good at. The Stackers were half that price and had just as many features...

Ill stick to my Lian-Li and SS cases until CM smartens up.

Also, can Dim say "Nuclear Vessels" ?? :haha::haha::haha:

JD

Staff member
I saw that you registered to ask that question over there :biggrin:
Well y'know I try to stick to the forum I'm a moderator on as best I can :bleh:

Looks like we're SOL though, getting the SR1 up there isn't really feasible, unless the motherboard has nothing located along the top edge (good luck finding that!).

My friend wants to buy one regardless though to upgrade his Cosmos S. If he does, perhaps I'll pull my radiator and take it over just to see how tight it truly is.

lowfat

Staff member
Yikes, not what I expected. Didn't bother watching the whole vid even...

Too expensive and too heavy. CM is loosing sight of what they used to be good at. The Stackers were half that price and had just as many features...

Ill stick to my Lian-Li and SS cases until CM smartens up.

My first Stacker 830 was around $250 and not near as big and definitely not near as many features. The original Stacker is big but it really doesn't have any features.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
My first Stacker 830 was around $250 and not near as big and definitely not near as many features. The original Stacker is big but it really doesn't have any features.

So it was 150 or more less expensive, has much less plastic (and weighed less) and more fan locations... Still could hold a tri-sli and many hard drives as well... Hmmmmm. Save the weird looking cell phone buttons and USB3, I don't see a lot "missing" there. lol!!

JD

Staff member
So it was 150 or more less expensive, has much less plastic (and weighed less) and more fan locations... Still could hold a tri-sli and many hard drives as well... Hmmmmm. Save the weird looking cell phone buttons and USB3, I don't see a lot "missing" there. lol!!
The original Stacker is missing the styling though :bleh:

The Stacker 830 looks decent, but really doesn't have much room internally. It's basically a mid-tower with some extra length but not height.

JayDeeHobbit

The Stacker 830/832 really is a tiny case internally. Lots of drive bays but that is about it.
You guys shouldn't forget the Coolermaster ATCS 840. (I have one)
It's bleedin' huge = much larger than my old Armor case.
Aluminum so it's lighter.
Room for tripple rad up top. (although I only had a double installed)
All for around $200.

Doesn't have the cable management the new Cosmos II has though.
And it seems it's NLA :sad:
I'd certainly buy one again if needed.

Cosmos II looks like a nice case but I generally fill my cases with stuff and with a starting point of 46 lbs. it would be a real monster.

yycraven

Good review Dimitry! I like the case but 50lbs empty wow. Out of my price range but sure is a nice case.

JD

Staff member
Well due to some quick decisions, looks like I'll have the Cosmos II in my hands tomorrow! We shall know for certain if the SR1 360 fits or not!

If it doesn't, then it shall be sold to my friend that wants it, so basically I get a free trial :haha:

Latest posts