What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cooler Master Cosmos II Review Comment Thread

lowfat

Staff member
Well due to some quick decisions, looks like I'll have the Cosmos II in my hands tomorrow! We shall know for certain if the SR1 360 fits or not!

If it doesn't, then it shall be sold to my friend that wants it, so basically I get a free trial :haha:

Don't suppose you could measure one other thing? What I want to know if it is possible to have fan -> shroud -> radiator at the top somehow. So see if you could stack 2 fans on top of each other and still fit the plastic shrould in place.

JD

Staff member
Don't suppose you could measure one other thing? What I want to know if it is possible to have fan -> shroud -> radiator at the top somehow. So see if you could stack 2 fans on top of each other and still fit the plastic shrould in place.
I should be able to manage that for you. From the pictures I got from Dimitry yesterday, I think the answer may be "yes", but I'm not sure what the plastic cover looks like underneath.

Keywork

You guys shouldn't forget the Coolermaster ATCS 840. (I have one)
It's bleedin' huge = much larger than my old Armor case.
Aluminum so it's lighter.
Room for tripple rad up top. (although I only had a double installed)
All for around $200.

Doesn't have the cable management the new Cosmos II has though.
And it seems it's NLA :sad:
I'd certainly buy one again if needed.

Cosmos II looks like a nice case but I generally fill my cases with stuff and with a starting point of 46 lbs. it would be a real monster.

I've been waiting for years now for CM to revamp and redo the ATCS 840. Incredible feature to price ratio with that case. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

But yea, this case is pretty badass, but a little rich for my blood. Like mentioned earlier in the thread, I can't wait for someone to do one up.

OmegaRED

So $400 after shipping? :censored:

No local stores are going to carry a case this expensive. I hope the cooling is way better than the HAF X or Silverstone FT02 at this price everything has to be better for me to even consider it. The mess of cables right of the box already pisses me off I expect it to come tidy at that price. The video review did win me over a bit, I like the removeable drive cage and there are quite a few fans. I wonder if this is aimed at watercoolers and if it would be any good with Tri-Fire or Quad-SLI on air cooling.

Wrong Dummy! This case was in stock locally and it was aimed at you cause you bought one.

img1391f.jpg
img1387ob.jpg

For the record, the inside was nice and tidy and I'm actually looking forward to the case transfer tonight.

Nic-CM

Cooler Master USA
Wrong Dummy! This case was in stock locally and it was aimed at you cause you bought one.

img1391f.jpg
img1387ob.jpg

For the record, the inside was nice and tidy and I'm actually looking forward to the case transfer tonight.

Those systems are putting a lot of weight on that mini desk. :shok:

OmegaRED

That's a workstation desk I was sure to check the weight capacity it's something like 200lbs per shelf so I knew it would be ok. I did check though, can't take chances :thumb:

Here's my Cosmos 2 during install and post setup. I had to use my Dining room table to do the MB install it was quite tricky but the rails make moving the case around gently quite easy. I'm quite happy with the fan controller, tossed aside my previous 4 channel controller for this.

The only issue I ran into during the install was the Front Panel Audio connectors won't reach my Gigabyte motherboard as the connector is under the LAN which is pretty much the furthest away you can get. I'll see if cutting some of the built into cable ties gives it any more reach but I doubt it.

img1399xw.jpg

img1402lu.jpg

Last edited:

keteflips

En la parte superior de la caja se adapta un radiador 3x120? Por las fotos parecen tener agujeros para ella.

Latest posts