What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cooler Master Hydra 8800 GPU cooler (water block?) discussion thread

M

Misoprostol

Well reviewing this cooler was a real treat. My expectations for it were quite low, but after testing, my opinion of this thing is that it's a very decent solution. It's a poor-man's full cover block. More expensive than a GPU only block, but less than the EK or Swiftech full cover solutions. It's very restrictive, but there are higher end components for people who are overly concerned about flow rate.

It's certainly a unique product in the market though being an air and a water cooler. Check out the review here if you haven't already.

Here is the review: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/3565-cooler-master-hydra-8800-hybrid-gpu-cooler-review.html

Last edited by a moderator:

llama_egg

Once again a very well done review! And I must say, that is one mighty trippy GPU...waterclock...thing. It's just so...strange looking.

Anywho, another tip of the hat to you good sir! :thumb:

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
Sometimes I wish that they made the full coverage blocks like the stealth with finer cooling fins over the memory to take more advantage of supplementary cooling from airflow in the case (The fins are quite chunky). When I got my stealth, I imagined such a fine-finned cooler with a fan strapped right to it as the ideal full coverage cooler so I'm happy to see that it's been tried, even if not with resounding success.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
The second set of the results have the WC AND the fan on I believe.

Mr. Cipher

fantastic review - this is going on my christmas list.

When I first saw the heat transfer wafers I thought to myself "why is he putting a chocolate bar on the gpu?" Man I feel silly.

M

Misoprostol

Indeed the water results are with the fan running as well. Thanks for all the positive comments guys. It's always appreciated. I felt this was a very unique product, and if it hadn't been as late to market as it is, then it would have gotten a higher rating. For someone who wants the flexibility it provides, it's a very unusual solution.

Apollo4g

Nice review.

Although some more waterblock stats in the comparison would of been nice. :biggrin: