What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread

AkG

To say we were a little gun shy after the UFO V51 is an understatement! Luckily, the 212+ IS a very sweet piece of kit and was a breathe of fresh air! As an added bonus it comes with a wee bit of mystery too!

To read all about this DGV cooler click here: 212+

Hope you enjoy it!
AkG

geokilla

HDT coolers all the way! No need to spend an extra $30 on a TRUE that performs similar.

I wonder how the OCZ Gladiator MAX will do when paired with a Core i7...

miggs78

Pretty good cooler for $40 (around).. especially when it comes with a strong fan as AkG says in his review, also comes with a proper mounting kit..

Both with OCZ Vendetta 2 and Xigmatek you need to buy them extra. I know it's only second best, but hey CM got very little wrong on first go..

Great review AkG.. Thanks.. :thumb:

Jackquelegs

A breath of fresh air. Coolermaster making a great heatsink after..how long now.

If only they went HDT on the V-series. :doh:

Great review though. Very thorough. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

stoanee

To say we were a little gun shy after the UFO V51 is an understatement!
I tested one of those (UFO) with the same results on my Q9450. It is now sitting here collecting dust, I am not sure what to even do with it. Flea market? That 212 looks very promising. Tghanks for the review!!

m0pelley99

How much will these retail for in Canada? It will get my attention if it sells for under $34.99. The V2 is somewhere around $38 on NCIX, while the Xiggy is around $37. Those without price match. I'm looking to get an HDT cooler before the end of the summer, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 just isn't doing it.

AkG

Its about 30USD MSRP....so I doubt it will be 35CND anytime soon. ;)
Actually from my understanding $40 is about what its going to retail for in here Canada. That being said it comes with better mounting setup than the Xig 1283 or Vendetta 2 which use the pushpin setup. When you add in the 10 bucks for the "crossbow" backplate kit for the Xig/V2 things get much more interesting.

That being said YMMV :)

Latest posts

Twitter