What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cooler Master NR200 - Optimum Tech Review

FreeKnight

Nice entry into the SFF market. Somewhat bigger Ncase M1-esque case. Looks like you can fit the massive 2.5-3 slot GPUs that have become so common which is a potentially nice change.

I'm still thinking of a Ncase V6 for my next build when the 4000 series AMD chips are out (assuming NCase is actually shipping to Canada by then), but it's certainly nice to have more options in the SFF market.

Price point is $60 USD, which is vastly cheaper than an NCase so I could see this doing pretty well in sales.

sswilson

Staff member
Nice, with any luck it'll come it not much north of $110.

I don't think he mentioned it in the video, and it took a bit of digging to find, but looks like it's SFX or SFXL for power supplies. I'm not surprised, but it's something that folks should be aware of if they're considering it.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Man, this thing is sweet. M1 doesnt hold a candle to this for price!

Almost makes me wanna sell my x570 & Define C...

CMetaphor

Quadfather
SFX only is a fail... Case had some nice potential until then. Kindof a shame, because everyone has ATX PSUs and shouldn't have buy new power supplies for new builds - I'm personally still using PSUs that are 6-8+ years old without any issues whatsoever, so being forced to buy a new one for this kind of case essentially just doubled the price.

Think ATM the best smaller gamer care is the Thermaltake Core V21 - which I've just learned recently can rotate it's motherboard orientation! True, it's technically an mATX rather than ITX, but it's got so much better cooling AND can fit more standard components.
For starters, it's got two 120mm fans aimed at the GPU, like this CM case. But it also has way more fan options, more fan locations, takes full size PSUs, full size air cooling heatsinks, and a lot more.
Tbh, I'm probably going to grab a V21 (designed in 2014?!?! Wake up, other case makers) because it's the type of case that'll hold everything I own Now, and will likely last for many builds beyond.

PS: this reviewer channel is... Bad. 5 minutes of blah blah before even getting to a single detail about the case? C'mon. And whyyyyy do so many case reviews give so very little in the way of interior shots, build-in-progress shots, possible hiccup shots, etc? Every builder knows that NO case is every "a simple straightforward intuitive build" like this plain reviewer claims. There's always a caveat, always a bump in the road. So when he shows the same 3-4 fixed angle shots of the case, already built, I've got about No information at all about how a possible build with the case will go.

4/10 review score.

Mr. Friendly

CM...for SFFpc enthusiasts, it's all about smaller, period. SFX, Flex ATX, they don't care. they just mod the PSU as needed (ie. Flex ATX need quiet fans, the 40mm they come with are NOISY).

CMetaphor

Quadfather
CM...for SFFpc enthusiasts, it's all about smaller, period. SFX, Flex ATX, they don't care. they just mod the PSU as needed (ie. Flex ATX need quiet fans, the 40mm they come with are NOISY).
But this case is already too big to be true SFF, and that's the problem. SFX and smaller PSUs are fine when you're running thin ITX or low profile sub-300w builds (or like an APU build), but this type of case is quite clearly a Gamer case. The only, ONLY reason it can even be associated with SFF is because it uses ITX, but even so, that's only because fewer and fewer builds need more than one PCIe slot. So in a case with 6-7fans, one or more double rad aios and full size GPUs, why the hell would you want a tiny expensive and possibly underpowered SFX PSU? The space you save isn't that great At All.

FreeKnight

Nice, with any luck it'll come it not much north of $110.

I don't think he mentioned it in the video, and it took a bit of digging to find, but looks like it's SFX or SFXL for power supplies. I'm not surprised, but it's something that folks should be aware of if they're considering it.
Optimum Tech is pretty focused on SFF so I'm not surprised he missed it, but it is worth noting. That being said I don't really consider that an issue as if you're in the sub 20L market almost everything that's not an HTPC case seems to veer that direction now. Doesn't really bother me, I'll pay the SFX premium for a small enough case if it ticks enough of the other boxes.