What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cooler Master V6 GT CPU Cooler Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Shaped like a bona fide V6 engine, Cooler Master's new V6 GT heatsink is aiming to knock several high end coolers off of their respective thrones. To accomplish this, the V6 GT is equipped with a pair of high speed 120mm fans and enough cooling mass to beggar most of its competitors. However, can its performance belie an asking price of under $60?...

[ Read full article ]

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
nice. modern mobos should have no issues with 1.4amps on one fan header . and man those are fans.

shaving 10c on the 212+ can be considered a feat, probably worth the 2.5x price difference!

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Wow. I actually really like the aesthetics of this product. Maybe it's just the fancy lighting catching my attention. :biggrin:

Very solid performance, will probably be around $65 Canadian street price. Good option for air cooling. This will be on my short list to try out, I think.

The price for this heatsink is supposed to be $57. The Hyper 212+ is $29 at NCIX. That's not a 2.5x difference.

The Hyper 212+ is $23.60 at Direct Canada, and regularly goes on sale for $19.99. His math isn't too far off.

Edit: Here's a methodology/chart question. Because AkG takes all these coolers, and tests them with different fans at different loads, would a "best case" scenario graph be possible or more desirable? For instance, the Gelid Tranquilo works best with the Scythe G fan according to how I read the chart. So one page with 3 CPU speeds, and a direct comparison of each HSF with it's most optimal fan at that CPU speed? It wouldn't require any more testing, just compilation of a different graph. We see the same idea when he includes the stock fan results on the low, medium and high speed fan tests. And it would basically give you the "best" HSF results all on one page.

Last edited:

bovine.baron

That is one very sexy and very smart cooler. I wonder what the different between the GT and the regular V6 is though.

MacJunky

Shaped like a bona fide V6 engine,
>:|
No. It has a plastic cover like that of pretty much any modern engine be it I4, V6, V8 or V12.
Too much plastic crap. DNW!
Performance aside, my hairy posterior in tight leather would look better than the ugly plastic crud covering this cooler. >_<

Lpfan4ever

Seen the V6GT a while back on NCIX and was wondering how well it did. Good to see Cooler master kicking more and more ass.

my hairy posterior in tight leather would look better than the ugly plastic crud covering this cooler. >_<

do-not-want.jpg

bojangles

How about a chart with performance/degrees per fan RPM? To see if it is best at low speed or high speed.
I don't really see the point of that. I like it the way the review does it, that way we can decide if a low/high/stock fan is good enough. Turns out that the stock fans are amazing. :thumb:

Actually, now that I think of it, the review DOES show if it's best at low or high. It's just on 3 separate pages...which makes sense.

rapmaster

One thing I like to see is instead of two low RPM fans for the dual fan test, go with two high RPM fans.

Latest posts