What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Coolermaster Cosmos S

sswilson

Staff member
Ok, it's all together and awaiting first power up. I've braved the fates-of-the-build by putting the sides on and tying off the cables so that I could get some pics. :)

3347f16e33d7301.jpg

All cabling installed. This is straight out of the box, I'll wait a while with the new case before I start considering taking the dremel to it..... :)

Looks a bit busy, but I've got 4 rear USB & 2 E-Sata w/ Molex in the rear PCI slot covers which makes up for most of it.​

The rad up top is quite handy for running cables behind as well (tons of space between the rad and the case side.​

3347f16e33da433.jpg

Pump & res install at the front of the case. Please ignore the ugly colouring of the tubing.... the mix of petra & dye I used on my last build didn't turn out well and I'll have to get some new stuff that isn't stained.​

Not completely sure if this is the final resting place for the pump/res, but it is completely out of case airflow. I mounted the pump using velcro so that I can easily remove it when I need to get the HD holder out of the case. As with the cabling, I didn't do any drilling to install any of the WC gear.​

3347f16e33dbbde.jpg

Rear of the Case. I haven't mentioned it earlier, but aside from the 6 fans up top, I've got 120s up front, in the rear, and drawing air in from the bottom. The PSU is drawing air in from the bottom as well...... Not sure if this is the best for case airflow, but it should be good for the PSU.

Another note for those who might want a multi rad loop... the bottom fan would probably work perfectly for a good 120 rad GPU cooling loop.​

3347f16e33c3cec.jpg

For those of you who (like myself) are fans of case side fans, the icing on the Cosmos S case............ :)

3347f16e33d39ff.jpg

And finally, the complete case. No lights, no bells or whistles, just a nice clean 320 rad install with what should be decent airflow.​

Total weight is 50 lbs on the nose!!!!​

Time for power. Wish me luck. :)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I hate that first push of the Power switch. I hate it.

Good luck.

And you have a very nice build. Well done.

sswilson

Staff member
Thanks.

Powered up no problem, but I've got a 10c split between half of the cores so I guess it's time for a re-seat......

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... note to self.... you can't wipe off the dust from the top or the machine powers down...... :)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Thanks.

Powered up no problem, but I've got a 10c split between half of the cores so I guess it's time for a re-seat......
Great, one major step done! :thumb:

hehe, my Quad has a 7C split on 1 core, while the 3 others are within 2C... and I have reseated 4 time with 3 different HSFs. I don't want to lap it...

sswilson

Staff member
You want to see a picture of me hitting the side of my case????? :)

Couple of other differences I've come across between the Cosmos S (aside from the different layout) are the inclusion of a 24 pin motherboard extender as well as the 8 pin extender which shipped with the Cosmos 1000, and the inclusion of one of those small case speaker replacements which plug into the motherboard. (No case speaker on either).

I suspect this extender is required rather than being a nicety. I didn't find anything in the manual, but there is a 2 pin cable coming off of it going to the upper "control" area of the case. I suspect it's somehow keeping power to the power switch (not really a switch per say....).

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
As far as noise levels go.... the whole thing running (9X120 + 1 Big honking case side fan) is easily half as loud as the 2 cheapy fans which shipped with the tech station.

sswilson

Staff member
Fourth mount was the charm!!!!

3347f21ea8c8e3b.jpg

Thats sitting at least 4c under what the old setup was which I'm happy with as I'm sure I lost 2c by bringing the rad inside the case.​