What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Coolermaster Cosmos S

sswilson

Staff member
Just got a PA 120.1 in today, so this weekend I'm redoing the whole loop and we'll see how much of a difference in temps I get by adding it to the cpu loop.

freakgeek1337

Hmm... interested to see what will happen. BTW, what are your speeds on your E8400? Seeing that you clocked the Q6600 to 3.8, I wondering how fast the E8400 was.:thumb:

sswilson

Staff member
I've got it clocked stable at 4275 with full load temps between 55 & 60C.

It's not looking good for the PA 120.1. I did another quick fit test (without taking out the rear fan) and it looks like the best I'd be able to get would be install the rad internally directly to the rear of the case and then try to install a 120 fan on the outside of the case fan exhaust. Even that looks like it would be a tight fit between the rad and the "Crazy Cool" heatsink of the DQ6.

The only way around it would be to get fancy and WC the whole board and I'm not sure I want to mess with something that seems to be working fairly well as is.

I've got some WC going on with my test bed so I'm sure I'll be able to find something to do with the thermochill..... :)

freakgeek1337

Beautiful clocks!!!:clap:

If I am correct there should be some room on the bottom of your case (near the hard drives) where there's a meshed fan slot. why not put it there?

sswilson

Staff member
Beautiful clocks!!!:clap:

If I am correct there should be some room on the bottom of your case (near the hard drives) where there's a meshed fan slot. why not put it there?

That was the original plan.....

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/7121-pa-120-1-loop-position.html#post58165

Unfortunately it doesn't quite fit in the configuration I've got. I'm going to have to re-think my setup.

I'm going to look at it again tomorrow. I could mount the pump on the back wall of the case (forward of the motherboard) which would allow me to move the DVD player and HDD cage up. I'm just not completely sure it would give me enough of a benefit to make it worthwhile changing my entire case plan.

belgolas

I just got the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 and love it. Not only is it quieter than my old Stacker but it is cooler too. Haven't had much time to play with it because we are moving but I love it and it looks nice.

Congrats on your build and I might do a mini review on my new case when I take pictures of some o my stuff that I want to sell.

yuen47

great, triple fan rad fit inside a case itself!!! Awesome!!! But, it won't fit a PA 120.3?