What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus AMD Installation & Clearance

sswilson

Staff member
What's the rest of your hardware?

Don't go by the bios readings as there's no real way to know what load is put on the system. Personal experience has suggested that typical bios loads are somewhere around 40 - 60%. Have a look at what your idle temps are once you get an OS up and loaded.

ryman546

Amd 120w 965, msi 790fx, crucial DDR3 10600 4gb, xfx ati 5850 BE, lian li lancool pc7kb (I think), samsung spinpoint f3. That's everything. Also even at say 60% load that seems alot higher in comparison to yours. Again thanks for everything in helping me figure this out

Last edited:

ryman546

Ran into a issue upgrading the fans on my hyper 212 plus. I had ordered 2 scythe 3000rpm fans and realized that on the ram side it doesnt fit the way i want. Is there any 3000rpm *or higher cfm* fan that is the same width as the stock?

Soultribunal

Staff member
Ran into a issue upgrading the fans on my hyper 212 plus. I had ordered 2 scythe 3000rpm fans and realized that on the ram side it doesnt fit the way i want. Is there any 3000rpm *or higher cfm* fan that is the same width as the stock?
When dealing with Heatsinks and Radiators, you need to be more concerned with Static Pressure than RPM's and CFM.

Get an R4 and Mount it up front.

ST

ryman546

thanks. Even though it may only drop 1 degrees celsius. Ill have a r4 pushing onto cooler. scythe pulling off cooler. and right behind the scythe is a another scythe pulling out of case. My CASe temps dropped literally 5-10 degrees celsius & cpu at 2 degrees celsius at idle so far and 4 degrees at load.

Lets see how this goes!
Thanks again.

ryman546

question about the installation of the cooler "not getting good temps" The screw or whatever it is in the middle of the heatsink. Did you keep spinning it till it tightens or what?

ryman546

i must say this is the hardest cpu cooler to get just right. Had no idea the middle screw was supposed to tighten. Mine just spins. so frustrated. will be the 5th time taking this thing out to figure out wth is going on.

Latest posts

Twitter