What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cooling in itx

Shadowarez

Folding Team
*update* went with a corsair H100i to cool the 9900k system works well for its size. now just upgrading to full set of custom sleeved cables.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
The Evolv air might've been a better choice for case, but even so I find far too many ITX cases out aesthetics over functionality. Cooling, especially internal airflow and GPU air access, is often an afterthought.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah i had a evga 1000w G2 and it was way to big for case it worked but it made cable mngment impossible, so i opted for a corsair sf750P and of course the cables were way to short so spent $130 on custom sleeved,combed, cables, i had extensions but they would not work with the cpu power plug for what ever reason, so the living room Destiny 2 pc is out till those come in.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Forcing ITX gamers into SFX PSUs is pretty much highway robbery. There's no massive space savings, SFX PSUs have less power and can overheat more easily. Also, everyone already has regular PSUs at home, so forcing a switch is utterly BS.

I've only seen a handful of decent itx gamer cases, but fingers crossed there will another one or two available to us soon..

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Corsair has a few coming out so hopefully that limits the small batch highway robbery of say the loques,ncases,velkas, the sfx psu is considerately smaller the nthe one had by about 45% or more itll be far better for the gpu as it'll have far less clutter as i can router cables behind the case, leave the compartment up front empty or even toss in a fan to give fresh air to gpu intake (Titan X)

Izerous

Folding Team
I think part of it is that the SFX PSUS of higher capacity are all titanium/platium rated which carries it's own price tag. Corsair SF750 is a pretty good power capacity but $210 is what I nomrlaly see it listed at. Thats expensive for a 750 but a bit on the cheaper side for a platinum rated PSU.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
got a new project there is a external pump/res combo made for the Ncase M1. problem is it doesnt have the side panel with rad mount, ill have to try cram a 240 on bottom that will lead to a interesting routing job.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
got a new project there is a external pump/res combo made for the Ncase M1. problem is it doesnt have the side panel with rad mount, ill have to try cram a 240 on bottom that will lead to a interesting routing job.
I'd almost suggest waiting. I'm hoping to hear some very good & cool news in the next week or two. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Twitter