What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Corsair announces Force Series 3 Solid State Drives

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
<p>New family offers SATA 3 performance for near SATA 2 pricingCorsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Force Series? 3 family of solid-state drives.The newly announced Force Series 3 models take advantage of the new SATA 6.0 Gb/s (SATA 3) interface to deliver im... [ Read full article ]

ipaine

Hmmm, now I have to see what these will be like compared to the Vertex 3.

I want one but which one should I get? I take it no early reviews yet.

AkG

Whats peaks my interest is the 85K IOPS spec. V3 std is good for 60K and the max IOPS version is 75K. IF that is correct and it is priced right, it is going to be one killer ssd; maybe even the "gold standard" which all other Sf2000's will be judged!

ipaine

Yea, that 85K IOPS caught my eye as well, enough that I put the getting of the Vertex 3 on hold until I can see what this is made of.

KylSp

There's also the fact that it isn't an OCZ release, which some are avoiding due to the shenanigans in the past.

Charloz24

240Gb (499$):
Sequential Read/Write (using ATTO Disk Benchmark)
550 MB/s sequential read — 520 MB/s sequential write 85K IOPs (4K aligned)
Interface
SATA 6Gb/s

120Gb (220$):

Sequential Read/Write (using ATTO Disk Benchmark)
550 MB/s sequential read — 510 MB/s sequential write 85K IOPs (4K aligned)

Taken from XS forum...wow great price and performance for the 120 gb if true :thumb:

EmptyMellon

Was wondering when Corsair will come out with their new SF2XXX SSD; and here it is. Can't wait to see a HWC review...ehmm AkG.

dma0991

Now I'm curious if it is the 34nm or 25nm MLC NAND that is in the SSD. Would be very tempting to get it if it is durable.

Latest posts