What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Corsair Carbide AIR 540 Review Comment Thread

Master_Shake_

watched the video about a week ago and bought it because of the review.

great case absolutely love it.

LL

FreeKnight

I really like the look of this case, but I'm with Dimitry on the space use on the backside. There's a lot more they could have done, and the side panels look like they could use some beefing up. I've never watercooled before so I'm not sure how layouts have to be set up, but is there maybe potential for pumps/resevoirs in that wasted space, or would it just not work there?

Hopefully a V2 in the future refines the idea to make it a really spectacular product. I think a case like this with the 90° motherboard idea from the Raven series would really shine for air cooling. I can definitely see this case being great for someone who wants to show off their components or cabling etc.

Greiverblade

original and out of the box yep, a vertical CM HAF-XB :biggrin:

yep more noble material but the price is higher tho and it has the exact same number of ODD and HDD 3.5 slot (tho hot swap but not without opening the case) and MB tray is fixed.

"hoping the concurent will follow in" yeshhh Corsair is the follower in that case :whistle:

Last edited:

Slik

I bought one of these last week. It's sitting on my desk waiting for a hardware transplant from my Level 10 to this Air 540. I"m very impressed with the cooling options available in this case. I wouldn't do the Transplant without my buddy Killswitch,so once we get it done we'l post a couple of pics etc.

ipaine

While I like most of this case there are a few things that would stop me from getting it. First why no rubber grommet on the bottom hole to the backside, all the others have it, and it should too. Second, drives or lack of space to put drives. While having the hot swap spots are nice there should be more available 3.5" bays. An example is how I could not put my current system into that case without jury rigging something as I have 3 things using 3.5" bays. Overall it is very nice and with a few minor revisions it could very easily be an incredible case, but it is not there yet.

great_big_abyss

I really like the case and the idea of it, but I wish it was implemented a little better. Why does this case miss simple features that the other mid-range corsair cases take for granted? I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to add a dust filter (I have a couple of 120mm dust filters sitting at home) to the powersupply intake, but why should I have to? The dust filter on the top of the case could be a non-issue, especially if you use a dual 120mm rad as an exhaust (which, if I ever upgrade, I'm thinking about getting an H100i).

Latest posts