What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Corsair H50 RMA issues?

slippy

um did you read? it was for the CASE not the H50. I have custom wc loop. i had problem with corsair 600T case.

they are not in canada, they didnt make me ship the faulty case back but let me keep it and sent me a new one with express or air shipping which took 2 days from i believe from california to vancouver, bc

but keep in mind, they handle every warranty differently. never dealt with them for any other stuff.

Sorry dude! I meant to quote the OP. Thanks for the info though :bananafunky:

severity

Corsairs RMAs are #1 them and evga i found have the best RMAs recently did a damage claims form with corsair and it was sorted out reasonably fast and they even gave me new stuff along with a chunk of cash:thumb:

low351

Um.. ya, that cruft might be counterproductive

slippy I had my H50 operative for 2.5mths before it started giving me trouble, but read on before you worry about that...

They got back to me with an RMA, but as Kapn suggested I'd have to put an Aircool on it while the H50 is on it's way back to CA.

I toyed with the idea of getting a hyper 212+ to do backup duty, but the danger with that is I may want to
keep the hyper, I've read great things about it and it would kill me if it proved to be better than my beloved H50 :shok:

Despite the absence of noise the temps haven't gotten any better though so I took off the Radiator last night to check the dust levels and found a large amount of cruft....
:doh: We have 2 cats and a dog, no carpets but the pets cause a lot of dust.

I should have checked for dust immediately when the temps went up but the noise in the pump led me astray. :blarg:

I'm not certain whether or not the heat from the blocked rad caused the air bubbles in the pump but I'm hoping that it was a transient thing.
I don't want to spend money and time dismantling this thing and RMAing it if it's going to behave from now on.

I'm going to add another fan and do a push/pull config and see if I can get the temps down further and do a stability test.
If that flies then I'll just ask them to cancel the RMA.

No use in them replacing the unit unnecessarily either.

Besides I've got over a year and a half in the guarantee if it does fail, then I have the fantastic instructions
and pics here saved in case I have to DIY after the fact...

low351

Well last night I did the push/pull config and it's dropped my temps by 3-4 degrees

I'm using two 1200rpm 42CFM 22dBA Cooler Master 120mms instead of the included 1600rpm 50CFM fan.
No particular reason for those fans, I just had them lying around.

Another thing I changed; Although Corsair says the radiator orientation isn't a concern I noticed I'd put it with the intake/outtake tubes on the top. I'm certain it's more likely to take in air that way so I changed it so they are now on the bottom.

So now my AMD Phenom II X4 940 is running happily at 3.6Ghz 1.41v Vcore and idling at 30c with a top of 43c during an OCCT stress test.

low351

Well... The clicking resumed. Not loud but enough to make me pull the H50 for an RMA. I got one, I'll see how that goes.

Mixed joy however in that I bought the cooler master hyper 212+ to keep the rig running while the H50 is away and as I suspected it's doing a better job. So I will be leaving the $20 cooler master in as opposed to replacing it with the $70 H5 when it returns from RMA.

One design flaw in using the H50 as an intake is that it pulls in all the dust and hair against the radiator which eventually blocks it. That doesn't happen with the hyper 212 since it's inside the case and in the direction of exhaust. So IMHO the hyper 212+ is a better and definately cheaper solution.

Thanks again for all the help guys! Greg.

RBA

I had to RMA my H50 cooler for the loud clicking noises as well. Corsair was very quick to respond and provided me with a replacement. Unfortunately I had to pay for the shipping which was expensive. The replacement unit is running fine. Corsair said if I had problems with the replacement they would cover the cost of shipping. I also looked at the Hyper 212+ as an alternative, but stuck with the corsair.

low351

Update: a year later

I applied for and received an RMA for this pump, but I never sent it because they required that I send it in and wait until they receive it before sending me a replacement. Like I said, I bought a Hyper 212+ to put in while sending it and the temps were better and there was no noise so I put the H50 in a box and let it drop...

Terribly disappointed. I really wanted to use the H50. Now a year later I've bought a corsair 500R case and it has a nice slot for an H100 but I've been reading online that THEY have the same noise problem.

I'm trying the H50 again but if I was practical I'd just get myself a Titan Fenrir (reportedly better than 212+) and be done with it. Problem is I like aesthetics and I find the Fenrir cheesy looking. Silly me.

Corsair needs to do two things.

1) Send the replacement part first and then receive the defective one. Charge my credit card if I don't return it, that's what others do.
2) Fix the damn problem in the first place. If you google Corsair pump noise you turn up all kinds of unhappy.

Bungwirez

1) Send the replacement part first and then receive the defective one. Charge my credit card if I don't return it, that's what others do.

what ASUS does. :thumb:

too bad you didn't RMA. I sent in my Vengence 1300 headsets. Got a pair of 1500's in return.
Corsair is topnotch satisfy

Soultribunal

Staff member
Update: a year later

I applied for and received an RMA for this pump, but I never sent it because they required that I send it in and wait until they receive it before sending me a replacement. Like I said, I bought a Hyper 212+ to put in while sending it and the temps were better and there was no noise so I put the H50 in a box and let it drop...

Terribly disappointed. I really wanted to use the H50. Now a year later I've bought a corsair 500R case and it has a nice slot for an H100 but I've been reading online that THEY have the same noise problem.

I'm trying the H50 again but if I was practical I'd just get myself a Titan Fenrir (reportedly better than 212+) and be done with it. Problem is I like aesthetics and I find the Fenrir cheesy looking. Silly me.

Corsair needs to do two things.

2) Fix the damn problem in the first place. If you google Corsair pump noise you turn up all kinds of unhappy.

Its interesting that you have still had these issues, since the H100 is not made by Astek whom made your H50 its a totally different pump. Now, they have a mix of both OEM's. Different pumps and heads too.

-ST

low351

Hey Soul, I didn't buy the H100, I was trying that same H50 again. Eventually I just went out and bought an H80 on sale and it's been working fine since

Latest posts