What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Corsair MP500 Force 240GB & 480GB M.2 SSD Review Comment Thread

EmptyMellon

Keep those NVMe M.2 (and U.2 if any) reviews coming. I don't know about others but this is my year to upgrade my workstation guts.

ipaine

Those look like excellent drives. Although I really wish they had a 1TB model. Don't get me wrong 480GB is generally large enough, its just that I already have a 1TB ssd and I hate moving down in size. But I do like that performance.

Caldezar

I'm curious how these stack up against the Samsung 960 M.2 drives. Those are cheaper, and most of what I've read would put them around similar performance. I'm currently looking to pull the trigger on an M.2 drive, so this is something I'm trying to delve deeply in to.

Caldezar

I am starting to think a mobo w. two U.2 ports might not have been worth it after all.

I don't think it's an issue. U.2 drives are available in much higher capacity (if you have the cash) and still run significantly faster than standard SATA3 SSD's.

turtletrax

Banned
I am desperatly waiting for Optane. The delays on that are making me wonder if I should just pull the trigger on something else. I am quickly running out of room after getting a vive. So many things to try!

EmptyMellon

What are you doing so write intensive on that workstation?
Not some much as 'write intensive', I am looking more at 'read intensive' - although I won't complain about fast writes either. Large CAD files (parts and assemblies), the rare point cloud/mesh files and the occasional video editing just to name some of the main culprits. So a fast storage would come along nicely to improve on my current Crucial MX 200. After that, CPU/mobo, workstation grade GPU, DDR4 RAM and the rest stays as I won't need a new case nor PSU.

Last edited:

Latest posts