What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Corsair Obsidian 800D Owners Photo Gallery!

miggs78

Wow lots of space, tells the case is also pretty good length wise, lots of cases usually fit a triple rad at full length.. And you can have fans too without sacrificing space.. Keep us posted.. :)

steers

lol isn't KW such a joyous pleasure to drive around, better than London i guess....

Drive? I wish I was so lucky. My voyage was a combination of walking and taking the bus (student here). The Purolator store is less than 5km from my house, but there exists no bus that goes directly from A to B. The most optimal bus to take stretched what would be a couple minutes' drive into a half hour mosey 'round past the University, and still stopped nearly a kilometre away from the Purolator store!. What a pain in the ass that was. :blarg:

whats the width of the interior?
thinking boreas:)

Just did some quick measurements, and it looks like there's just over 8" workable space between the mobo tray and the left (window) side of the case. This case is a gargantuan for sure (with a weight to match).

Kayen

So you had to carry / lug that beast home on foot / bus ?
You sir, are a warrior.

TopDogZero

Drive? I wish I was so lucky. My voyage was a combination of walking and taking the bus (student here). The Purolator store is less than 5km from my house, but there exists no bus that goes directly from A to B. The most optimal bus to take stretched what would be a couple minutes' drive into a half hour mosey 'round past the University, and still stopped nearly a kilometre away from the Purolator store!. What a pain in the ass that was. :blarg:

When you were saving up for the case you should have saved some extra for cabs :haha: just in case Puroseeyalator didn't see you waiting in front of your place with a sing saying here I am... never mind probably would have missed you either way.

Dead Things

Would I be correct in assuming that the case utilizes the now "sorta kinda standard-ish" 15 mm fan spacing, so that my old PA 120.3 can only be mounted at one of the fan mounts?

steers

Would I be correct in assuming that the case utilizes the now "sorta kinda standard-ish" 15 mm fan spacing, so that my old PA 120.3 can only be mounted at one of the fan mounts?

Your assumption would indeed be correct. My Feser 360 mounted in there perfectly, and I know for a fact that it uses 15mm fan spacing. You should have no problems mounting your Primochill.

enaberif

When I see this thing I start playing the music to Space Odyssey 2001

Currently running a mATX board and will be setting up water cooling once I have some funds or go back to work.

Pros:
- Insane amount of room
- HUGE
- 3 fans included
- 8 pin EPS extender

Cons:
- Power wire bundle for power to hot swap bay will probably have to be fixed as the way it is now is putting strain on a few of the connectors that I do not like
- Sata cables for hot swap are a pain and also add un-needed strain to sata connectors
- Powder coated screws for add-on cards not very easy to install first few times
- If you have a non-modular power supply you'll find its not so easy to hide wiring.
- Power supply screw holes were not in line with my PC P&P 750 and had to require some sanding to the outer plastic where cord plugs into PSU to fit properly
- Cover for hot swap bay to hide fan is flimsy and feels that way
- Cover for bottom to protected back of hdds in lower chamber also feels fairly flimsy
- Cover for hot swap to protect power/sata cables can be difficult to put on as cables are a bit tricky to setup
- Included 8 pin EPS extender is nice but should have included 2; 1 for 8 and 1 for 4. With the 4 and 8 included adds some extra bulk
- No finger protecter or metal guard on rear exhaust fan and while the fan doesn't spin that fast.. could get a finger caught.

IMG_6552.jpg