What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Corsair RAM Compatibility

PalmerMary

Hi All,

I am going to be using WIN3X40961600C7DHXIN (Corsair 4GB 2x2GB kit) with the ASUS Rampage Extreme board and wanted to know if it is fully compatible.

On another note I am currently using EVGA 790i SLI ULTRA with the OCZ3RPR13334GK (6-6-6-18 timings) and they are both simply unstable. I am RMAing the RAM and the board in lieu of the ASUS Rampage and the Corsair 1600Mhz RAM (atleast with Intel x48 i will have some sense of stability).

Please let me know if I can use the above mentioned ram with the Asus board.
Also if you have any suggestions regarding my current setup mypascoconnect , I'm all ears.

Regards,

Last edited:

DrakeFrst

I haven't used this setup myself but judging from the mobo specifications it's maximum FSB is 1600. I had those types of MB's refuse to work on anything higher than 1333 RAM no matter what you do so there's that. But the difference in 1333 vs 1600 in DDR3 is negligible so I'd make sure to test for stability in the first place.

Twitter