What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Corsair Ships Flash Voyager USB 3.0 Family

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
<p>New USB flash drive models combine USB 3.0 speed with proven durability.Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the shipment of the Flash Voyager® USB 3.0 family of USB flash drives.The new Flash Voyager USB 3.0 models deliver SuperSpeed USB 3.0 performance, with... [ Read full article ]

Arinoth

Staff member
Big question is are their writes a lot faster then most high capacity USB 2.0 Flash drives as I've found most to be rather slow, especially if you compare them to older 1-2GB flash drives.

BlueByte

I have the 32GB version, the only thing I saw from my quick little test is dont use a USB 3 port if your installing Win 7 off of the stick. Sounds like a good idea until you get errors... Seems pretty snappy past that.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Newegg has the listed speeds on the 8, 16 and 32 gb...

CMFVY3-8GB
Read Speed:
Up to 55MB/s
Write Speed:
Up to 12MB/s

CMFVY3-16GB
Read Speed:
Up to 70MB/s
Write Speed:
Up to 19MB/s

CMFVY3-32GB
Read Speed:
Up to 70MB/s
Write Speed:
Up to 39MB/s

I actually expected worse speeds for the higher density versions, but they speeds go up. Not sure how or why, but the 32 gigger is actually half decent. Seems the read is topping out at 70MB/s, but the write is still climbing. Newegg doesnt seem to have any 64's in stock, so I cant get info on them.

Besides these Voyagers being ugly as sin, I'm still happy with my Patriot 16 gigger. It pritty much matches the 8 gig 3.0 stick here, but has better writes. Plus I dont have a USB 3 slot anyways, so until I upgrade, I'll just stick with it, and watch the prices fall. :thumb:

BlueByte

I can confirm the 32GB is 39MB/s real world sustained copy(38.x MB/s)... bursts (I think windows was lying) were up to 90MB/s that was for a 9GB single file backup I just did.

Latest posts