What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CORSAIR Shows Off New Carbide & Obsidian Series Cases

Lysrin

I watched the video of these by Dmitry last night. I dunno, I still like the Define R6 over the new 500D options.

FreeKnight

When Corsair first came out with cases I remember being so impressed compared to to the stuff Antec, Lian-Li, Cooler Master and Thermaltake were putting out at the time. My first obsidian was a huge improvement over the Silverstone I had. Now though, it just kind of seems they're not as innovative and don't appeal as much as the options from other companies, Phanteks most of all, but even NZXT or Fractal to lesser extents.

Admittedly, there's only so many ways to reinvent a box, but I just feel like they haven't had an 'out of the park' case for a while.

turtletrax

Banned
When Corsair first came out with cases I remember being so impressed compared to to the stuff Antec, Lian-Li, Cooler Master and Thermaltake were putting out at the time. My first obsidian was a huge improvement over the Silverstone I had. Now though, it just kind of seems they're not as innovative and don't appeal as much as the options from other companies, Phanteks most of all, but even NZXT or Fractal to lesser extents.

Admittedly, there's only so many ways to reinvent a box, but I just feel like they haven't had an 'out of the park' case for a while.

Have to agree with you. Used to buy tons of corsair stuff as it was my defacto choice usually. Loved my 900d and always used their psu lines. Nowadays I have no urge for anything but heard great things about the ML fans. Also found thier warranty starting to become lackluster. Good thing is there are hungry companies blazing new paths ;)

Waiting for all the new cases to drop as I want a new case for my ryzen/1080sli rig. The 900d has seen better days :haha:

ipaine

I watched the video of these by Dmitry last night. I dunno, I still like the Define R6 over the new 500D options.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well. Honestly until I saw the Define R6, I was still couldn't find anything that I wanted over my Corsair 650D. Really, I would love to go for a new 650D just with a little bit of a revamped interior to make it more rad friendly.

Bartacus

Corsair seems to be slipping. They never made the greatest cases ever, but it seems the quality / design seems to be dropping. They're not keeping up with the rest of the pack, and it's a BIG pack. The case market is crazy these days, and I wouldn't consider buying a Corsair case these days. Too many better options out there.

Vittra

Corsair's reliance on brand image to sell products they have no business in caused this - they are stretched too thin and the effects of that are now beginning to show. I don't understand why companies do this to themselves - see NZXT's recent foray into motherboards.

At any rate, I recall comparing the R4 and 650D side by side and the R4 was far superiour in terms of fit, finish, and build quality. The 650D's front panel was aethetically pleasing, but that's about the best thing I could say out it. Most of their cases have been egregiously over sized (volume) comparative to the form factor they are meant for. The 200R felt incredibly cheap and had no rigidity whatsoever, and while it's a cheaper case, it's competitors at the time had better options.

As you can tell, I've never been enamored with Corsair products outside of their original gold PSU lineup that was Seasonic OEM. The 900D was a "cost is no object" product that was unique for it's time period - but their attempts to scale down to cost effective cases never quite worked.

The Great Gazoo

I'm still rocking my 800D that I modded so a 420 rad would fit at the top with push-pull. I wish they would come out with a full size tower with tempered glass. I'm in the minority these days though - the trend has definitely been to smaller cases.