What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cost analysis of Vista Content Protection by Peter Gutman

Mars

And most of that is only allowed if you are using a valid key as it does a validation check.
No problem here, anyone who doesn't feel the need to buy a legit copy of the OS is free to use a different one.

enaberif

No problem here, anyone who doesn't feel the need to buy a legit copy of the OS is free to use a different one.
I don't feel I should purchase an OS that is gonna be outdated in a few years, especially one that costs $300

Mars

I don't feel I should purchase an OS that is gonna be outdated in a few years, especially one that costs $300
If you already have Windows XP, home premium is $180, not $300. And like I said, nobody is forcing anyone to use Vista, you're free to keep using whatever OS you're using now, or any freely available operating systems. Any OS is going to be outdated in a few years, it's the nature of computer software. XP being around for 5 years was an anomaly that MS never expects to repeat.

enaberif

If you already have Windows XP, home premium is $180, not $300. And like I said, nobody is forcing anyone to use Vista, you're free to keep using whatever OS you're using now, or any freely available operating systems. Any OS is going to be outdated in a few years, it's the nature of computer software. XP being around for 5 years was an anomaly that MS never expects to repeat.
I've never bought a copy of Windows and I never intend to whether its piracy or not.

And I'll use XP for another 5 years :)

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
I only gave up running '98 when the newer chipsets stopped supporting it. :)

Latest posts

Twitter