What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Could not connect to Work Server (results)

sswilson

Staff member
Is the firewall on vista enabled? Maybe it is interfering?

There was also a hung server at stanford today which appears fixed now ( server .64) but that should not be why you have queued wu's on your smp rig. In fact, they may be expired now since smp wu's have short 3-4 day final deadlines (after final deadline no points are credited).

Were all these queued wu's crunched under vista? or did they get moved from w2k?

Heh.... my main rig gacked yesterday and I kept trying to reload / refresh but was getting that server every time..... :(

Everything appears to be fine now.

pscout

Fallen Folder
Wow, I guess 1 firewall isn't enuf :rofl:

I guess the problem with such 'great' security is than most people will turn it all off after a bit of frustration, especially if you can't remember how to find it next time you need to touch settings.

Sorry to hear about the lost wu's :sad:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Actually, it's quite easy to find it: just type "firewall" in the search box of the Start icon and that's it. It's one aspect of Vista that is a nice evolution from XP.

As for the WUs, I guess I lost the points, but the fact remains that Stanford did receive the crunched units. And that what's counts.

John

Latest posts