What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

COVID-19 work conditions

JD

Staff member
Any workplace with shared resources like this should already have a procedure (and resources) in place for cleaning/sterilizing each and every time somebody new is going to be using it
Imagine if we kept up all these cleaning practices 365 days a year? The common cold/flu season would likely be much shorter. Though I suppose we might also inadvertently create those "super" viruses.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Maybe, but these aren't normal circumstances....

Businesses which are still operating are supposed to be doing everything in their power to help prevent the spread of covid-19 and that would include taking special precautions specifically to promote social distancing as well as ensuring shared resources are being regularly cleaned/sanitized. Whether or not the cleaning of shared resources happens under normal circumstances is moot.... the country is operating under a state of a nationwide medical emergency and employers are legally obligated to take every possible measure to protect their employees from a known workplace hazard.

Businesses like grocery stores who (by nature of the service) must continue to deal with the public are implementing things like plexiglass barriers, enforcing distancing at the cashes, as well as (and this is most as opposed to all) going to cashless transactions only. Businesses who don't interact directly with the public are expected to enact some kind of social distancing within the workplace or in the best case scenario arrange for some form of WFH.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that a large call center hasn't already moved the great majority of their workforce to a WFH model.

Shadowmeph

i really think that people should get there facts straight about this situation allot of people not fact checking and believing what other people are saying and what the media is saying using innuendos if people just checked the facts and followed the instructions then things would be allot smoother but people are not checking facts and running out to by things like Toilet paper I mean really toilet paper Laughed when I first read this I thought that it was a joke but nope some said there is going to be a shortage of it and it created a small panic this is why things are a little rough as I am sitting here typing there is a idiot outside that live in my building spewing BS about all these deaths and calling this a plague and things like that causing people that dont think to believe his BS for one there has been allot more deaths from the normal average flu and people falling out of bed so far and again this is the season when flu hits also when there is pollen coming out I am not down playing this at all it is just people really need to stop the rumors to get attention and just keep there mouths closed when they dont know things this is what causes huge issues and also can incite riots and panic all it takes is a couple of idiots spewing things . in a sense my job is an essential service being security I hear allot of gossip in offices where people need to work like dispatcher that deploy vehicles for essential service driving people to Dialysis and cancer treatment .
I havent notice the spewing BS on this Forum which makes me happy but there is so much misinformation people are thinking that this is like this is like a movie plague airborn virus where people are going to driop dead jump off the tops of building and to be honest if people keep thinking this way it will turn for the worse not because of the virus but because of people not using Common sense.

moocow

The scary thing is that people are either extremely freaked out or extremely meh. I think we have enough base data to go on at the moment. Most of us will be fine, the problem is that we're walking around transmitting it around and then it ends up at Grandma's care home or give it to a nurse that works in the hospital. The hoarding situation just made things worst because people think a complete shutdown is going to happen. I mean including commercial activities. I can understand that since how many times did we actually face this problem in the last 3 decades? Wouldn't be a problem if the retailers start to limit qualities at check out early on. Only now they are limiting it which is way too late. If the managers had half a brain, they would of see this as a problem.

Then you have these dumb turds:

When or if we end up in martial laws, I hope these assholes get fined or go to jail.

Bartacus

I thought people were supposed to be staying indoors. I got a CP notification saying I had a delivery, so I went for a TWO MINUTE walk to my local mailbox. I saw about 10 people on that little walk to / back. Less than 3 minutes we'll say, 10 people out with kids, walking dogs, etc, just because the weather was nice. Mostly healthy people too, damn their skinny asses. All the "serial power walkers" who just won't stay inside. If this virus explodes in my area, it will be those fools spreading it. My fat ass will be mostly indoors, until I run low on essentials.

moocow

I thought people were supposed to be staying indoors. I got a CP notification saying I had a delivery, so I went for a TWO MINUTE walk to my local mailbox. I saw about 10 people on that little walk to / back. Less than 3 minutes we'll say, 10 people out with kids, walking dogs, etc, just because the weather was nice. Mostly healthy people too, damn their skinny asses. All the "serial power walkers" who just won't stay inside. If this virus explodes in my area, it will be those fools spreading it. My fat ass will be mostly indoors, until I run low on essentials.
Not a problem if you maintain at least 2m distance between each person. But the problem is people are not sticking to it.

lowfat

Staff member
I see no problem w/ people going outdoors, just stay away from everyone else. Hiking in a remote area where no one else is, sure no problem. But crowding a park, etc is an issue.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Yeah, it's a bit of a hodge-podge of rules across the country, but I think most provinces are still open to the idea of individuals going outside (either to walk the dog, or straight up exercise) so long as they're not doing it in groups, and are doing their best to keep distance between themselves and others.

Bartacus

I see no problem w/ people going outdoors, just stay away from everyone else. Hiking in a remote area where no one else is, sure no problem. But crowding a park, etc is an issue.
Yeah, especially since I was outside too, LOL. But people were keeping a distance, and it was really nice out. Can't say I blame them, but my lifestyle is perfectly suited to this plague. #hermitlife

Latest posts

Twitter