What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

COVID-19 work conditions

Soultribunal

Staff member
My work is now on 1/4 staff. And of those 1/4 , Half are now remote workers.
We have to maintain some people as we maintain the Telephony systems for some of the Major Hospitals in Ontario (of course, had to be hospitals) and some retirement homes and other critical services.
So, that puts my exposure rate up, slightly over average.

I am observing all recommended precautions, but I am still getting out. Excersise is key to a healthy immune system.
Along with a healthy dose of Zinc and other such things.

It's a crazy world. I hope everyones family pulls through this. It's killing me not to see my family right now but I cannot risk losing my Brother, Mother, Father ect right now.

-ST

Shadowmeph

My work is now on 1/4 staff. And of those 1/4 , Half are now remote workers.
We have to maintain some people as we maintain the Telephony systems for some of the Major Hospitals in Ontario (of course, had to be hospitals) and some retirement homes and other critical services.
So, that puts my exposure rate up, slightly over average.

I am observing all recommended precautions, but I am still getting out. Excersise is key to a healthy immune system.
Along with a healthy dose of Zinc and other such things.

It's a crazy world. I hope everyones family pulls through this. It's killing me not to see my family right now but I cannot risk losing my Brother, Mother, Father ect right now.

-ST
actually did my first run last Friday was great less pollution less idiots drivers texting and driving I think that this is the first run in many many years where I wasnt almost run over from a driver not paying attention of course after Iran I paid for it with the arm ackes and pains so I think I will stick to 1 run a week until I feel I can handle it. but yes exercise is key and people can do that at home push ups , crunches squats Tai Chi Chi Gung I leave my windows open wide during the day when at home get fresh air. the other thing I am enjoying is my drive to work no traffic coming towards me and the drive home at night no traffic at all I think I seen two Cars on the road for my 25 Km drive home

belgolas

i really think that people should get there facts straight about this situation allot of people not fact checking and believing what other people are saying and what the media is saying using innuendos if people just checked the facts and followed the instructions then things would be allot smoother but people are not checking facts and running out to by things like Toilet paper I mean really toilet paper Laughed when I first read this I thought that it was a joke but nope some said there is going to be a shortage of it and it created a small panic this is why things are a little rough as I am sitting here typing there is a idiot outside that live in my building spewing BS about all these deaths and calling this a plague and things like that causing people that dont think to believe his BS for one there has been allot more deaths from the normal average flu and people falling out of bed so far and again this is the season when flu hits also when there is pollen coming out I am not down playing this at all it is just people really need to stop the rumors to get attention and just keep there mouths closed when they dont know things this is what causes huge issues and also can incite riots and panic all it takes is a couple of idiots spewing things . in a sense my job is an essential service being security I hear allot of gossip in offices where people need to work like dispatcher that deploy vehicles for essential service driving people to Dialysis and cancer treatment .
I havent notice the spewing BS on this Forum which makes me happy but there is so much misinformation people are thinking that this is like this is like a movie plague airborn virus where people are going to driop dead jump off the tops of building and to be honest if people keep thinking this way it will turn for the worse not because of the virus but because of people not using Common sense.
Problem is this is a new threat with no immunity. Of coarse the flu will kill more people this year but if this were to spread globally it would kill many millions of people which is something the flu doesn't do. I have seen estimates of 161 million deaths if this spread to every person but that probably wouldn't happen. I think you are downplaying this. Yes many are taking things too far but this is a virus that is much more deadly than the flu and much more infectious.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Problem is this is a new threat with no immunity. Of coarse the flu will kill more people this year but if this were to spread globally it would kill many millions of people which is something the flu doesn't do. I have seen estimates of 161 million deaths if this spread to every person but that probably wouldn't happen. I think you are downplaying this. Yes many are taking things too far but this is a virus that is much more deadly than the flu and much more infectious.
What worries me even more with a novel virus is its ability to mutate to a lot further extremes than say your typical influenza. Though it can mutate to something totally safe as well, it has a chance of going either way and being something really bad. The more people it gets into, the more diversity it encounters and potentially changes.
Even more scary now is the reports of healthy young people with nothing pre-existing, dying from it.

-ST

Prickly007

Problem is this is a new threat with no immunity.
A segment of the population had pre-existing immunity to COVID-19, hence the lack of symptoms in some people. Our immune systems randomly generate millions upon millions of different antibodies, prior to antigen stimulation. Moreover, antibodies produced during previous coronavirus inflections can likely attack COVID-19, albeit with lower affinity....

For a detailed explanation, see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26860/

(Shudders)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am having flashbacks to a class I thought I had excised from my memory and need immediate treatment, with copious amounts of EtOH.

rjbarker

6 days left of self quarantine (back from Mexico).....then back out on the ship! My wife is a Health Care worker and shes back to work...

Supergrover

Day 10 for both the wife and I in self isolation. She is in heath care also but got the reg old flu, doesnt matter for her off work just incase.
Been doing a ton of binge watching and gaming. We have 11 acres so lots of stuff to do outside yard wise. She has already marked out 2x the size of her garden lastyear for rotor-tilling.

rjbarker

Day 10 for both the wife and I in self isolation. She is in heath care also but got the reg old flu, doesnt matter for her off work just incase.
Been doing a ton of binge watching and gaming. We have 11 acres so lots of stuff to do outside yard wise. She has already marked out 2x the size of her garden lastyear for rotor-tilling.
I know what you mean with the yard......mine has never looked so good so early in the Spring !!!!

Soultribunal

Staff member
I'm starting to think I need to get out there this weekend and do some yard work myself. Hopefully the Mint and Lemongrass come back in force on their own.
Then the Onions and Potatoes go into my deep planters next. Might as well get some stuff done.

-ST

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Yes, outdoor work (while still practicing social distancing) is probably a great thing for both body and soul. I went for a 45 minute walk outside yesterday and it felt great! :)

My better half is returning to work this evening... it'll be interesting to see what the current situation at Costco is. (Probably going to "hoard" some coffee while I'm there, as that will probably be the next thing with empty shelves.....) :)

Latest posts

Twitter