What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

COVID-19 work conditions

Lpfan4ever

Kudos to all the healthcare workers, cleaners, and many others keeping things going.

Personally, it's been a busy 2 weeks enabling people to work from home, super tiring.

I feel you there. Our Direct Access has been a rollercoaster for uptime due to the insane amount of people trying to work from home now. We're even bringing back decommissioned laptops to get even more people to work from home.

My girlfriend works as a pharmacist and let me tell you, they've been slammed. Folks have been stocking up on their meds like nuts. :S
Mine is having a different problem altogether. Her doctor's office closed and she is at the end of her refills for some serious stuff. Not sure how the hell we're going to get her medication as the world gets locked down more and more around here.

sswilson

Staff member
I feel you there. Our Direct Access has been a rollercoaster for uptime due to the insane amount of people trying to work from home now. We're even bringing back decommissioned laptops to get even more people to work from home.

Mine is having a different problem altogether. Her doctor's office closed and she is at the end of her refills for some serious stuff. Not sure how the hell we're going to get her medication as the world gets locked down more and more around here.

Do you have an email contact for her doctor?

Barring that... talk to the pharmacy, they can do temporary extensions to existing prescriptions.

KaptCrunch

Lots of OT to fill shelves and fix in grocery store, over crowding, people clueless for leaving anything they pick up and leave it elsewhere even perishable.

Entz

Lots of OT to fill shelves and fix in grocery store, over crowding, people clueless for leaving anything they pick up and leave it elsewhere even perishable.
Yeah that just ridiculous as well. Common sense out the window

sswilson

Staff member
Well... now that states of emergency have been declared, I hope that gives TPTB the authority to levy heavy fines against the gougers.

Soultribunal

Staff member
My wife and I are both in essential services (Communications for me, Transport / Logistics for my wife) so we're in this until they shutter the roads and keep us all indoors. Which if it happens it happens, better than letting this get into more bodies and Mutate.

We are pretty much convinced that it is a matter of time only that one of us brings this home and then we have to lockdown ourselves, due to the absolute volume of people and things we touch and deal with in a day.
As a result I am not seeing some friends or family right now until this blows over due to their pre-existing medical conditions.

I could, technically opt to shelter at home but I'm hoping regardless of my medical conditions I have kept my Immune system strong enough to kick this out if I get it.

Luckily, I haven't had to hoard anything. I have always kept a 28 day supply of just about everything (to my wife's dismay until now ironically). So if I have to shelter in place I can.

I also have enough of an arsenal with my wife to take over at least 1-2 cities (SoulTribunalVille has a nice ring to it) should the 4 horsemen come :)

Stay safe everyone,

-ST

Latest posts

Twitter