What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

COVID-19 work conditions

Shadowmeph

well I am glad that I haven't been depending on my Event security for my main income. I just work as security parked in my truck at the main gate of Handy Dart which I am p[pretty sure they wont be stopping Driving patients to hospital for treatments

gingerbee

well I am in the same boat as I was before lol and the wife's asleep since she works nights and was in last night so won't know if VCA is shutting its doors very doubtful since they have over 2600+ hospitals but Trudeau says only government things will be shut down so don't see martial law happening

Got a call from my surgeon up here there not canceling appointments but all staff are working from home and it will have to be a phone appointment for my surgery pre-appointment I think that's what it is

Keep safe hope everyone gets through this ok if you have kids/older family members be a little extra cautious may help them a lot

belgolas

I can't work from home as I work in construction. Worried that if all the jobsites get shut down I am out of income. The jobsite I worked at today had a meeting to talk if they should shut down or not. Some jobsites have but so far this one has not. It is only 1.5 months away from being finished. One of my jobs is postponed for 3 weeks though thankfully that is only a small job. Sad thing is it is in a school that was suppose to be done for march break so if schools open in 3 weeks it will have to be done after hours :(

KaptCrunch

bars and coffee shops were told to close seating areas today in Toronto and hospitals screening people at enterance.
hope vaccine come soon

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I'm in the frontline were I work in ER Dept it's getting insanely busy no confirmed cases were I live but only a matter of time I suppose. No chance to work from home when your a frontline gov't employee.

JD

Staff member
Yup, seems each day more things close, making it that much harder for people to make a living, or having to risk their health serving/helping others.

Kudos to all those in these critical professions. Thank you for your service! Stay safe!

Lysrin

Yes kudos indeed to all the frontline folks, and all the other service related industries who keep things clean, moving, delivered, etc. Several friends and their families who work in health care are already self-isolating, in a way. They have to keep working but suspect they may have been exposed so self-isolating except for work. Hard on people for sure.

People losing income is a real concern @belgolas ! I hope things work out OK for you.

ottoyu34

Kudos to all the healthcare workers, cleaners, and many others keeping things going.

Personally, it's been a busy 2 weeks enabling people to work from home, super tiring.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
My girlfriend works as a pharmacist and let me tell you, they've been slammed. Folks have been stocking up on their meds like nuts. :S

Latest posts