What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

COVID-19 work conditions

ipaine

Yes, outdoor work (while still practicing social distancing) is probably a great thing for both body and soul. I went for a 45 minute walk outside yesterday and it felt great! :)

My better half is returning to work this evening... it'll be interesting to see what the current situation at Costco is. (Probably going to "hoard" some coffee while I'm there, as that will probably be the next thing with empty shelves.....) :)
I went to Costco a couple mornings ago and it was't that bad. Most people seemed to leave enough space and they do have the checkouts well done and line spaced out. Of course that was first thing in the morning so I'm sure it is worse as the day goes on.

sswilson

Staff member
Last week they were looking at restricting shoppers to a maximum of 400 at any time.... that's 1/3 of what it normally is, let alone how high it can get when it's busy.

The cashiers' job is in fact a fair bit easier during all this... no more "Members Per Hour" to worry about means that they're not driving the body for 8 hour stretches.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
In BC the Costco's are letting in a max of 50. People line up outside, maintaining their 2m distance.

sswilson

Staff member
In BC the Costco's are letting in a max of 50. People line up outside, maintaining their 2m distance.

There's a wide range in the size of Costcos across the country... I believe the one in Moncton (being the newest building) is in the top 3 as far as size goes.

I went out to grab some "groceries" and found that both Superstore and Walmart had lineups but managed to get into Giant Tiger without issue.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Size doesn't matter in this case. The BC Health Office decreed no more than 50 in any store. If they are letting 400 in it's too many, prepare for more cases in NB.

Shadowmeph

so my company sends out a post t oall the security guards saying that there was a complaint from one of the clients stating that the guard wasn't wearing a mask and gloves I think that instead of doing that they should have sent a reminder and then verbal or email reprimanded the guard Ihave always worn gloves especially when having to deal with Homeless or people under the influence of Drugs or alcohol the masks well Ihave one and unless I a min close proximity of people I wont wear it I mean I only have one mask that was supplied by the company its one of those cheap masks that are supposed to be one- two uses . I really dont get the loto thing about only allowing the sales of single draws I donty get that at all I usually buy a weeks worth 2 draws but today to my surprise I had to do a random draw 70 mil jack pot lotto max

Soultribunal

Staff member
No frills by my work had tape on the ground in intervals and a person keeping count on the people in the store. Plexiglass shields are in place.
Crazy times.

I remember doing studies like this in Biology. To see it happening and how the world is reacting is...interesting.

-ST

Bartacus

No frills by my work had tape on the ground in intervals and a person keeping count on the people in the store. Plexiglass shields are in place.
Crazy times.
Indeed, same at my local Loblaws. The coordination effort to sterilize carts was impressive, they had quite the system going, and they were MOVING too, LOL.

Latest posts