What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CPU Delidder in Montreal?

danmitch1

I think you should just do it your self, watch a few YouTube videos and you'll be fine. You could also ask on here for tips as many have done this process their selves. The tools also seems to be readily available.
Anyone stranger could mess it up and you would be out an otherwise perfectly good chip. If you mess up you can blame your self, if you are successful well , all the better!

Shadowarez

Kinda in same boat it's time to re-delid my 7980xe and clean up the LM go direct die. But that's at least $300 cnd as each are about $90 euros plus shipping

KaptCrunch

Make your guillotine out of wood

Make pocket for cpu and blade that's only one side grinded and lines up flush with air gap to cpu surface an edge of blade is under IHS edge. Make jig for bench vise notch another wood to hold blade and travels no more then 1/8 inch beyond IHS edge, do not pass raised part IHS with blade

Early IHS worked this way, toss chip in freezer for a day then tap side of IHS would shear glue an fall off

Last edited:

sf101

I've done a couple - biggest thing is not to scratch the surface of the chip.
Get it started and use a pick or thin plastic to remove the rest.

The wooden block method seems pretty rough to me but it does seem to work.

Do it yourself , even if you take it to someone there is no way they will guarantee it works after.

best thing i can say is go super slow.. and have razor edge pointing UP towards the heat spreader at all times , its quite easy to scratch a trace on the CPU surface and thats not good

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter