What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CPU Multiplier will not move past 34.

Kas Nagant

I have been having this problem since yesterday. I tried to play around a little bit with memory overclocking for kicks and found I could not go past 1680, so be it. So I give it up and go back to default settings. But then for some reason I start having the problem where I cannot set the multiplier (CPU Ratio) past 34 and I had it at 46 for an overclock of 4.6Ghz before.. I tried resetting the BIOS, flashed it at least a few times to a prior version and then again to most current. I cannot think of anything else to do..

The Specs are as follows:
Intel Core i5 3570k
Asus P8P67 Motherboard
G.skill Ripjaws series 8GB Memory (4x2 kit)
Corsair CXM 600 Watt PSU

Will post more info as needed.

Its because of your mother board, I had a same problem with a P67-UD4 mobo. I had updated the bios and everything but it will not let me change the multiplier on 3770K.

EDIT: if you had the multiplier at 46 on the same board, then I would recommend, clearing cmos, and then trying, did you also do a bios update?

Kas Nagant

Its because of your mother board, I had a same problem with a P67-UD4 mobo. I had updated the bios and everything but it will not let me change the multiplier on 3770K.

EDIT: if you had the multiplier at 46 on the same board, then I would recommend, clearing cmos, and then trying, did you also do a bios update?

I did clear the CMOS and update the BIOS.

ZZLEE

Turn off power supply/ unplug/ hit power and reset buttons a fey times/ wait half hour
plug back in/ power on/ go to bios/

See if you can load your overclock.

Times when I hate UFFI BIOS

Try sequence again if it does not work.
when power is off Unplug all drives stata conetions
power on see if you can change bios.

Best off luck :)

Kas Nagant

I have tried all that was suggested, so could it be the mother board simply acting up?

ZZLEE

Can we get a system spec.

I had this a few minutes ago.
Unplug Internet turn off wifi.
Keyboard, mouse, monitor, simple speakers or headphones

Save in Bios to a slot your configuration you want to run.

Try little things in BIOS.
One time it will just Kick in.

Latest posts