What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cpu Necromancy inc *Update*

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
Afraid of ripping the pad on that one I'll heat it up and hopefully remove without tearing pad off.

Afraid of ripping the pad on that one I'll heat it up and hopefully remove without tearing pad off.
In all the years since PGA's were introduced, I have never had that happen. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it seems unlikely. Are they making the pins out of plated steel alloy now? They made them of a copper alloy in the old days.

Anyways, I wish you luck in recovering the chip.(y)

Shadowarez

Folding Team
thank you ill have to take a closer look as im not sure if there is remnants of the pins on those 2 broken ones or if i can just slot in the replacements. ill toss on the flux and prey as i go in i have stencils coming as well to aid in lining them up.

i may put this in a the unraid server never take it out if i can boot the server in headless mode.

Cannon Fodder

So what is that "new toy"..... is that nothing more than what it appears you're using it for, i.e. a CPU vise, or is there other functionality that's not obvious to those of us that are mostly unaware of these kinds of tools?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
The weller iron arrived while I was at work I'll start tinkering tomorrow see if I can get hang of this got a few practice PCB boards to assemble.

Last edited: