What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

CPU temp problems.

A_Dude

So ive installed that program and its not making much sense to me right now.

Ive got 3 fan-meters in this program.
1. "ASUSTeK Motherboard Aux Fan IN0"
2. "ASUSTeK Motherboard CPU Aux Fan Fan"
3. "Geforce GTX 780 Fan 0"

So yeah the gtx 780 one makes sense but the other two i dont know.

The motherboard aux fan one is spinning at 1550 rpm average and the asustek motherboard cpu aux fan one is spinning at 730.

I dont know man, the temperatures are really weird. Im idling at the desktop, i start two programs at the same time, the temperature shoots up to like 60 then goes back down very quickly.

I just tried doing a prime95 test. I started the thing, it shot up to 90 degrees in like 1 second, i then turned it off and it went back to like 45 in a second. What is this?

Last edited:

Vittra

CPU is whatever you have plugged into the CPU Fan header on your motherboard. Aux fan IN0 is probably your Fan Chassis 1 header. Check what is plugged into the headers and you will know which one your pump is. If your pump is that one reporting 730 and it doesn't change from that value when you run a stress test like Prime95, then the pump is not functioning correctly.

clshades

Sounds like you have a terrible connection to the cpu with the waterblock. You really need to pull the water cooling out and replace it with a stock fan to test the temps again. I have a sneaking suspicion the pump is not working, the water cooling is gummed up or it's low on water... There shouldn't be any sudden temp spikes ever.

A_Dude

Im using the stock Intel cooler now and the temperatures are pretty much identical. 40 degrees celsius at load and like 70 when im playing games. I dont even dare touching prime95 anymore haha.

Could there be something wrong with the mobo/cpu?

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Im using the stock Intel cooler now and the temperatures are pretty much identical. 40 degrees celsius at load and like 70 when im playing games. I dont even dare touching prime95 anymore haha.

Could there be something wrong with the mobo/cpu?
No. That's about normal for a stock cooler.

The fact that your watercooling setup performs just as badly, means it's the problem.

Latest posts

Twitter