What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Creating custom PSU cables for SF750

lowfat

Staff member
You can buy wire from Princess Auto. $20 for 100ft. And every month or two goes on for $9-$10. For flush cutters, these are the best I've used by a long shot. https://www.princessauto.com/en/jewellers-nipper-pliers/product/PA0008169740

For crimpers I use MDPC-X and have no experience w/ other ratcheting crimpers. For non ratcheting, Engineer/Vampire are the best I've used. But they are really expensive.

anabioz

You want sleeved cables? Shortening cables w/ sleeve on them already will be a nightmare.

I think all manufacturers use the same keying for the connectors. Just the number of pins and their locations changes.

Making sleeved cables from scratch is a lot of work. You will need a decent crimping tool. Lots of clear heatshrink. Can get a away w/ a lighter. I'd highly suggest zipties for each wire to stretch the sleeving over the wire to save your hands.

And then I saw this:

... what is the meaning of life... I don't think I'll ever be able to build another system to remotely enjoy it as I just drooled all over this one... This is a new 'holy sh*t' standard of 'wow, that looks pretty slick'...

Izerous

Folding Team
How did this go I was eyeballing a SF750 to replace my AX1200 that is now somewhere around 10 years old, and a SF750 would give me enough headroom but allow some internal layout changes but I'd likely want to do a couple custom cables to optimize a couple things.