What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Creating one file from HTML file

danmitch1

Thanks for elaborating for me! Unfortunately (fortunately ?) ill have to resume Monday.
Ill post back!

JD

Staff member
Though not as great an option, you could put it in a SFX archive too (WinRAR, 7zip, etc can make it) whereby it just automatically extracts to a temp folder and opens the HTML file. That would make it a single EXE they just need to click.

danmitch1

Thanks for the idea JD, the more the better. Ill also try that monday.

danmitch1

Back at it again, feeling pretty noobish..

I get this when I try and change directory, seems im missing something at the end?
step one fail.png
I tried the SFX archive, unfortunately it still requires all the messy ( confusing ) files to work. Thanks though !

Edit:

I contacted the developer of that SingleFile chrome extension and this worked
"Hi, go to chrome://extensions/?id=mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle and enable the option "Allow access to file URLs". "

However the links do not work. Ill post back if I find a way to merge the linked files into the html.

Last edited:

Izerous

Its been a while since I have used windows console I spent most of my time on mac anymore due to work.

but it should in your case "should" just be....

cd \Users\mitcheld\Desktop\test

in window when you changes drive letters in the console it usually has to be done as it's own command. And it should default to c drive so simply removing the c: from the command should be sufficient.

danmitch1

I got the chrome extension working but it doesn't do what I thought It would do. Back to the drawing board!

Thanks for the help though!

Twitter