What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Creative X-fi intergrated card??

JD

Staff member
Both ASUS and MSI have motherboards that claim X-Fi support. Though as others have said, it's purely software based, it's not offloaded onto an actual X-Fi processor.

However since we have such powerful CPUs these days, I don't really believe it's that much of a burden. Sure it might reduce your FPS by a tad, but I doubt you'd notice.

bojangles

Thanks for the info guys. I checked the connectors at the back and they look like integrated connectors. The sb x-fi volume panel is fully functional, its weird, changing the settings makes a big difference in sound.
It's kind of like an equalizer on top of an equalizer, but the Creative one filters out unwanted sounds and does a couple Fourier transforms to make it sound better.

DarKStar

This is the first time I hear of this - It SUPPORTS X-FI or features but it's hardly an X-FI AT ALL - I have not heard of Creative licensing X-FI technology in software - Sounds like marketing here - but trust me, there is nothing X-FI about this - look at your audio chipset carefuly and you'll see - an X-FI interface wrapper or SUPPORT claims does not mean X-FI, it is a far cry from X-FI hardware's S/N ratio and DACs :D

Latest posts

Twitter