What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Crossfire Issue

jalmir

I can't see any of the images.

also, from what Rikan said, his problem is that he doesn't see the "enable Crossfire", it's missing.

I could be wrong but from what I understand this is what he sees (under Gaming, Crossfire isn't there);

35s2K.jpg

bignick277

I can't see any of the images.

also, from what Rikan said, his problem is that he doesn't see the "enable Crossfire", it's missing.

I could be wrong but from what I understand this is what he sees (under Gaming, Crossfire isn't there);

The pics issue might've been my fault. My album was set to private. I've now changed it to public so they should show up now hopefully. As for there no Crossfire option showing up. I highlighted that as well in that post. It's in the bottom half of the post where I specifically highlight why the Crossfire option may not be showing up. Hope this helps. And please let me know if you're still unable to see the pics.

EDIT: Pics still weren't showing. Opted for 3rd party host instead to fix.

Last edited:

Rikan S-087

I appreciate your very detailed post. However, like I said, the options are simply missing--anywhere. I still have this issue today with the latest driver.

Rikan S-087

Here are some screens showing what my Crimson settings are showing. Notice how the crossfire toggle is nowhere to be found. GPUz, as mentioned before, shows two enabled GPUs...

Attachments

• Global Settings.JPG
    Global Settings.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Game Profile Example.JPG
    Game Profile Example.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Radeon Additional Settings screen.JPG
    Radeon Additional Settings screen.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 109
  • GPUz Snap.JPG
    GPUz Snap.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 114

bignick277

I've done some digging online and there seems to be a lot of people with your problem. Unfortunately there's not much I can suggest other than to get on to AMD to fix the issue. Unless if maybe it could possibly be fixed via a regedit. But there's no guarantee, and I'm far from efficient at working with the registry, but we could give it a shot. For now, I'm just going to have you look something up. I don't want you to change anything. Just confirm whether the following entries exist in your registry for AMD.

I don't know which OS you're running so I can't advise you specifically for your system, but use the Run Command -> type regedit -> Click OK.

Then use the following picture to guide you to the location and tell me if you have the listings in the right pane that I've marked and if they match the values on my system. Don't change anything as I don't know what that will do or if I'm even on the right track. I just want to know what your values look like.

AMDReg.jpg~original

Rikan S-087

I actually don't see those values in the same spot on my machine...As you can see the crossfire entries in your reg. are not in mine. You maybe onto something.

So I tried adding the two crossfire entries you have in your registry with the value of zero. The reg saves it after reboot, but it doesn't fix the issue. Still no crossfire toggle to be found.

I also bit the bullet and reinstalled Windows 7 and that didn't help either. Even on a freshly installed OS, the crossfire toggle is missing.

Attachments

• regedit.jpg
    regedit.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Rikan S-087

The card is the 295x--it's 2 cards on one board (two 290 cores). Crossfire worked fine for many months and there was indeed a crossfire toggle.

Now the toggle is gone in all versions of Crimson (unless you roll back to a driver from April) and there is no way to toggle crossfire. Crossfire is permanently enabled as evidenced in games. However not all games run well with crossfire or don't have a CAP and thus one needs the ability to toggle crossfire on or off.

bignick277

are the card same brand and model

No, I'm running 2 290X's. Similar though because a 295X is 2 290X GPUs on one card.

I actually don't see those values in the same spot on my machine...As you can see the crossfire entries in your reg. are not in mine. You maybe onto something.

So I tried adding the two crossfire entries you have in your registry with the value of zero. The reg saves it after reboot, but it doesn't fix the issue. Still no crossfire toggle to be found.

I also bit the bullet and reinstalled Windows 7 and that didn't help either. Even on a freshly installed OS, the crossfire toggle is missing.

Guess not, because the listings difference I was hoping for was the CFM_DEF and CFM_SET as they seemed the most likely. As I said in the last post (where I also advised not to change anything), I am far from proficient at regedit. And know even less when it comes to how drivers interact with the registry since both AMD and Nvidia keep those details pretty close to the chest. I was just hoping there might be something potentially obvious that might help. Unfortunately, there's nothing else I can think of the could help. My only advice at this point would be to contact AMD directly. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Latest posts