What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Crossfire Woes

Masteroderus

Hello.

I currently have 2 unlocked sapphire 6950 in crossfire. They are both working fine unlocked independently. I have an 850W PSU and all cards have proper dedicated non adapted connections.

My problem is that no matter what I set the clock speed to, the catalyst control center (CCC) forces my second GPU to a serious underclock, even when i put it @ 95%+ load.

My Trixx utility seems to bypass this. Is there any logic behind this annoying bug?

Thanks for your time.

Arinoth

Staff member
Unfortunately that sounds like the quality AMD drivers for crossfire. I and other people have had issues in the past with crossfire. It seems AMD can't code decent multi-gpu drivers for the life of them. Also CCC is a piece of garbage, if you find Trixx fixes your issue stick with it. You could make matters worse poking around in CCC.

The only thing that may come to mind is that stupid gpu voltage/efficiency thing/tab in CCC that could be set too low for your 2nd card.

NSdeadly1

Again, people saying that AMD drivers are crap. I currently am running 2 XFX 6950's in crossfire and have had 0 issues. I had absolutely no issues with my 6870's in crossfire either. Is it possible that unlocking the bios on the cards created the problem? Only reason i'm saying this because a lot of my friends and i are running crossfire and have yet to have a single issue.

Masteroderus

All is well. I have made peace between ccc and trixx by just clicking "apply" on the trixx control panel, overriding ccc.

I will try and re-install the drivers after running driversweeper, but my overnight overclocked stress test passed perfectly :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Latest posts