What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

D-Tek Fuzion V1 Mounting

miggs78

Quick question on the block.. I know I've asked this before, but I am getting offered a hek of a deal on the block..

Some users had mentioned that the d-tek fuzion v1 w/pro mount works great. How about a Classic mount with a backplate, does that work almost as good as a pro mount.

What ya say? Thanks.

Eatstone

I dont have the pro mount, I bought a used V1 on here with the standard mount. The pro mount must be really good, because I had zero issues with the original. Took me about 10 min to mount dtek, mcw30 and 60, then the mobo in case.

MpG

Shouldn't be an issue - for a few months, I actually used a standard mount V1 with a Koolance backing plate and screws, no issues at all (couldn't use the springs tho, had to hard-mount). As long as the screws are able to be tightened down properly (and evenly), you should be good to go.

The pro-mount's two big advantages are that it takes the guesswork out of tightening the block down, and it minimizes airflow obstruction around the socket area.

Cptn Vortex

I am using the V1 with stock mounting and backplate, and it has been pretty much perfect. The stock mounting is a little tricky to get it perfectly balanced, so I can tell you with Pro-Mount you will more than likely get more consistent mounts, but not necessarily better temps.

miggs78

I meant, buying it from somebody. One stupid question, I will see some temp drops on the D-tek Fuzion from an Apogee GT right?

MpG

You should be good for a few degrees, and quite possibly a small improvement to your flowrates too. But the GT isn't a bad block by any means.

miggs78

Yea I hear you MpG.. Problem is last time I tried to unscrew the screws to clean the block, I had lost my key, I tried a screwdriver, I messed up the threads completely.. The Feser One fluid, you know how dark, probably causing a gunk or maybe even the O-ring.. So as I said, threaded screws, how do I clean the block..

I'm also thinking if I can got cheap, get clear tubing 1/2", distilled water and biocide (or pt nuke).. best thing.