What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Dark Souls for PC

muse108dc

Ok, I'm just going to start out by saying I know next to nothing about this game or it's predecessor as they were console exclusives. The things I do know are that:

1) its coming to the PC.
2) Its most likely going to have Games for Windows as its DRM
3) When you play it you should expect to die a lot (seriously this is all I know about its gameplay).
4) Its going to be a strait port so I'm not touching it

I think its great that fans of the game got enough support to get it to come to the pc and all the racing about it got my attention. BUT I still wont be touching it. I could get over the Games for Windows shite (seriously 10+ dollars just to change my .... name) but the fact that they are putting 0 effort into the ui and controls and the fact that they just want us to use a controller.... Not good enough and I will not be playing a half assed port even if it is the game form of Jesus. (which is really blasphemous and I apologize to anyone I offend with that statement)

So anyone else disappointed that even after all that this is staying a console game?

my source
Dark Souls PC: Prepare To Sigh | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Oh, and the Diablo III beta may be opening up to the public. Or they just made a mistake, either way servers are down so no idea if it actually works, installed fine though.

Last edited:

croy_00

EFF YA! Now what to do with my Xbox 360 version.

Seriously though, I bought a PS3 for the original, beat it, then sold my PS3 lol. Cannot wait for this to come to PC. Hopefully it's not a shitty port.

muse108dc

no graphics improvements, no ui, limited m/k support, no pc specific features to speak of. Its going to be a direct port. Hence me not bothering with it and hence my frustration that publishers do not learn

Adzsask

Why would they trow a few million to make it better for PC? when they know that the loyalists will come running for the game as is, same as consoles not improving, if people stop buying something for it every week, I bet that consoles would be in a whopping 1080P, not 480i or whatever they are. Hell the new xbox 720 is...720p I remember gaming in 720p, back when I owned a Pentium 3!.

muse108dc

yeah... Its apple syndrome. But I could do without the upgraded textures (want them but they aren't a need) its the arrogance of saying pc gamers should be using a controller that bothers me. UI and control scheme need to be rethought, pc users brains don't function in circular dial type menus. Or at least I sure dont....csgo.....

it really bothers me that they are not willing to put any effort into it at al. At least borderlands 2 sounds like its going to recognize pcs properly

genericllama

as brutal as dark souls was, (never finished the game either as i was highly depressed at the insane difficulty) it was quite fun. I may see if i could borrow a friends copy to play as i did love the game, however i may play with cheats this time around to atleast return to where i was initially or help me through the insanities. i would love to experience the story, i do look forward to mod possibilities.

On2wheels

How was it on ps3? I'm bored of most ps3 games now, but I also don't want to die every 5 minutes either.

enaberif

How was it on ps3? I'm bored of most ps3 games now, but I also don't want to die every 5 minutes either.

If you want to play a couple of games that you WILL get frustrated and want to break your controller them play these two games.

spikexp

Well, the game will be better than console because:
A) 1080p
B) 60fps... no lag...

You know what, buy it, prove them that pc is good platform to develop for and that gamer still buy great game, and their next game will be on pc.
I will buy it no matter what.

Latest posts